League 1 predictions.

2 hours ago, clwydianrange said:

I admire your optimism Steve and Mark but I think we’ve lost too many good experienced players and that this year will be one of settle down and really push next season.

I'm always optimistic pre season - by round 5 my normal miserable grumbling self kicks in:kolobok_suicide:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, clwydianrange said:

I admire your optimism Steve and Mark but I think we’ve lost too many good experienced players and that this year will be one of settle down and really push next season.

I'll stick with my prediction; I'm a optimist. We've picked up a couple of really good young players and Jordan Andrade looks a handful in the forwards.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gogledd said:

I'll stick with my prediction; I'm a optimist. We've picked up a couple of really good young players and Jordan Andrade looks a handful in the forwards.

I hope you’re right Mark I really do I just think it’ll take a season for the younger players to settle in to it. Still I’ll be there Sunday with yourself and the rest of the Cru faithful.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, clwydianrange said:

I hope you’re right Mark I really do I just think it’ll take a season for the younger players to settle in to it. Still I’ll be there Sunday with yourself and the rest of the Cru faithful.

Yes, I'll be there too - haven't been to Widnes since the Fulham days when it was Naughton Park and had that shallow terracing that made it difficult to see properly. Mind you, the way we were playing that was probably a good thing! Incidentally, does anyone know if Tommy Johnson's still with us as he wasn't in either of our teams for the pre season friendlies.

Two of Doncaster, Dewsbury, Hunslet, Oldham. Many clubs have recruited extensively and the outcome of their new squads is very difficult to predict at present, with none of them being tested against each other yet. New coaches at a number of clubs have yet to have their effect, good or bad. For Oldham, losing Sheridan at this early stage is a major blow.

Workington may be in with a shout but I don't think that they have been able to recruit as they might have wished. Everyone else will be an also-ran but in a couple of cases with the ability to cause an upset. London's new "saviours" have yet to be confirmed and it will be far too late for their impact to be felt properly, if they ever do truly live up to the hype.

With only 18 games for each club in the league there is absolutely no room for slip-ups and the ambitious clubs will need to hit the ground running.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Yes, I'll be there too - haven't been to Widnes since the Fulham days when it was Naughton Park and had that shallow terracing that made it difficult to see properly. Mind you, the way we were playing that was probably a good thing! Incidentally, does anyone know if Tommy Johnson's still with us as he wasn't in either of our teams for the pre season friendlies.

TJ has retired. 

• Thanks 1

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Two of Doncaster, Dewsbury, Hunslet, Oldham. Many clubs have recruited extensively and the outcome of their new squads is very difficult to predict at present, with none of them being tested against each other yet. New coaches at a number of clubs have yet to have their effect, good or bad. For Oldham, losing Sheridan at this early stage is a major blow.

Workington may be in with a shout but I don't think that they have been able to recruit as they might have wished. Everyone else will be an also-ran but in a couple of cases with the ability to cause an upset. London's new "saviours" have yet to be confirmed and it will be far too late for their impact to be felt properly, if they ever do truly live up to the hype.

With only 18 games for each club in the league there is absolutely no room for slip-ups and the ambitious clubs will need to hit the ground running.

No idea how Town are going to go this season, new coach and a turnover in the squad so it could go either way. Brought in some quality local amateurs and kept a decent amount of last seasons locals with very few travellers, going to be interesting at least.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dkw said:

No idea how Town are going to go this season, new coach and a turnover in the squad so it could go either way. Brought in some quality local amateurs and kept a decent amount of last seasons locals with very few travellers, going to be interesting at least.

Same here, no idea how this season will pan out... definitely going to be interesting.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

5 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Last time we played at Widne,s it was a good job we played in the pink kit - at lease we could see our players through the fog!

I think TJ has retired - but I'm hoping if he has the club have a testimonial game for him. Hes been with us through thick and thin and always given his all.

• Like 3