Sat 18th-Sun 19th Feb: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Cornwall's defence stiffened up a lot in the second half. Still a long, LONG way to go for them to be competitive, but at least that nightmare first 20 minutes didn't dishearten them.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The less said about the Cru's performance the better or I'll raise the ire of the mods! Plus side - nice day, very nice ground, got a decent sized cup of coffee for £2 and a brownie point for the fourth official as with the interchanges he held the placard with the number up so that the crowd could clearly see it. Just hope we play a LOT better next week against the Royal Navy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

FT at Widnes - N Wales 18 -38 Dewsbury

Dewsbury were physically bigger than the Cru lads and Paul Sykes is still a skilful half back, who bossed the game. Good to see our lads sticking with it right to the end and scoring a try on 80 minutes. Next week were back at Colwyn Bay for our Challenge Cup game vs Royal Navy....its on Saturday, kick off at 2pm.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rene_Artois said:

Never seen Rich as unhappy after a win. Rightly expects better

Video reflects his disappointment better than text. Never a bad word about Hunslet. He's massively p*ssed off with our lads and I'm glad he is! 

A bit of a nonsense statement...surely every team will give everything to beat every other team....they don't just play hard because its Doncaster!!

On 19/02/2023 at 19:34, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

The less said about the Cru's performance the better or I'll raise the ire of the mods! Plus side - nice day, very nice ground, got a decent sized cup of coffee for £2 and a brownie point for the fourth official as with the interchanges he held the placard with the number up so that the crowd could clearly see it. Just hope we play a LOT better next week against the Royal Navy.

My son has been asked if he wants to play for the RN RL team. He is currently playing 15's but is tempted as one of his Marine mates played for Wales and has been banging on at him for ages now.

• Like 2