Sat 18th-Sun 19th Feb: The Betfred League One Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Not really. They are getting smashed at home by a Town team that includes 7 players who were playing amateur rugby last season.

Point taken. To me it's a rebuilding season for Town which I agree reflects poorly on Skolars. I think the 2 promoted sides this year will be between 4 clubs. I don't see it being very open.

This is why Dons v Hunslet tomorrow makes me nervous 

Edited by Rene_Artois

5 hours ago, Derwent said:

Not really. They are getting smashed at home by a Town team that includes 7 players who were playing amateur rugby last season.

And Skolars also had a number of new players who were making a step up in level.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

11 hours ago, Rene_Artois said:

Derwent's point is valid. Hopelessly optimistic to say this could be a special season before getting murdered at home by a side that will struggle to make the play offs

Yes his point is valid but are you saying mine is not?

Both sides had players making a step up, and unfortunately (for Skolars) Workington had some handling it better.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Pretty much everything the Hurricanes have tried so far has come off - 16:0 up after just 12 minutes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Hurricanes finding this far too easy. Cornwall were really confident that they'd recruited well but so far they look worse than the team who only won one game last year. 

The loss of an experienced coach won't have helped.

1 hour ago, Quinskolar said:

I was referring to the new owners who will surely bring in much better. Worky were far better but poor form to gloat.

It's been a long time since we were able to gloat about anything, you'll have to forgive us getting excited ha ha....