Fri 17th Feb: SL: Leigh Leopards v Salford Red Devils KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/23 at 20:30

Depends if Amone plays as I feel Leigh have the better pack.

Salford though can dominate at HB should their Pack get a roll on. I feel weather may have a say as well.

Hope fore a great occasion but emotions will be high. It will either be a close Leigh win or a Salford landside based on nerves and emotions getting the better of the home side.

9 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Depends if Amone plays as I feel Leigh have the better pack.

Salford though can dominate at HB should their Pack get a roll on. I feel weather may have a say as well.

Hope fore a great occasion but emotions will be high. It will either be a close Leigh win or a Salford landside based on nerves and emotions getting the better of the home side.

Met Office are currently saying probably dry with a temperature round about 9 or 10 C, which looks good for playing rugby - if it stays that way!

I've changed my mind on this one about 15 times this week and it's still on Tuesday, so no result predictions from me. I think it comes down to whether or not Salford click, as with all Paul Rowley teams they can run as cold as they do hot due to the higher risk nature of the style. I think if Salford win the damage will be done out wide, if Leigh win it will be more through the middle.

I just hope Leigh put in a strong performance worthy of the big crowd, regardless of the result.

• Like 2

Looking forward to this more than any other game this weekend due to the hype, can't see past a Salford win myself as i think Derek has put too much pressure and attention on his team and i reckon there will be some form of tantrum if they do.

2 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Looking forward to this more than any other game this weekend due to the hype, can't see past a Salford win myself as i think Derek has put too much pressure and attention on his team and i reckon there will be some form of tantrum if they do.

So by creating an ' event ' we've overdone the expectation? , Seems we can't win no matter what we do ? 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So by creating an ' event ' we've overdone the expectation? , Seems we can't win no matter what we do ? 😉

No i meant with the rebrand and the way it's been handled and the entire sport mocking and now watching to see how it all unfolds, nothing to do with this event. 

It's only my lighthearted opinion so don't take it to heart old lad!

9 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

It looks like Salford are going into the season with more than a third of the squad out injured. Christ. Where did they hold their warm weather training camp? Guantanamo Bay?

Rowley mind games Pal. Get beat good excuse win and look great

Edited by sweaty craiq
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

It looks like Salford are going into the season with more than a third of the squad out injured. Christ. Where did they hold their warm weather training camp? Guantanamo Bay?

Let's see what team they turn up with ?

After Warrington Wolves v Leeds on Thursday we were going to Wakefield Trinity v Catalans Dragons on Friday HOWEVER my wife has just messaged me from Dubai (She is back tomorrow) to say that she has done a sponsorship with Leigh and we are now off to Leigh Leopards v Salford Red Devils (Fine by me as i am driving back to Spain/France next Thursday to be at the Dragons v Leopards match) Saturday we are at Hull KR.

Happy bunny 2 nights at the excellent Penta Hotel just outside of Warrington really good value and great breakfast easy parking and only a few mins as well from Leigh:)

Good luck to both teams (For me i always like a home win its good for all the great clubs)

Paul

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1