Fri 17th Feb: SL: Leigh Leopards v Salford Red Devils KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/23 at 20:30

34 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

After Warrington Wolves v Leeds on Thursday we were going to Wakefield Trinity v Catalans Dragons on Friday HOWEVER my wife has just messaged me from Dubai (She is back tomorrow) to say that she has done a sponsorship with Leigh and we are now off to Leigh Leopards v Salford Red Devils (Fine by me as i am driving back to Spain/France next Thursday to be at the Dragons v Leopards match) Saturday we are at Hull KR.

Happy bunny 2 nights at the excellent Penta Hotel just outside of Warrington really good value and great breakfast easy parking and only a few mins as well from Leigh:)

Good luck to both teams (For me i always like a home win its good for all the great clubs)

Paul

You and your other half get about a bit don't you ? 😀 

You'll be able to spot me on Friday , I'm the one with Bet Lynch on my arm 😂

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Rowley mind games Pal. Get beat good excuse win and look great.

Even with a number of players out we should be competitive. Main worry would be our lack of pace out wide with Burgess and potentially Sio missing also.

Maybe Watkins & Lafai at centre with Cross moving onto the wing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DG70 said:

Watkins and Ormondroyd named in the Salford squad, thought they were injured? or is it mind games from Rowley.

TBF it wouldn't be the first time we've named players in a squad only for them to drop out last minute. I think maybe there are 2 or 3 in there who are touch and go.

Better to name people and have them drop out rather than not name them at all. And if they genuinely aren't fit them I guess it gives Lam a few more things to think about? Or we could just try and make.it as easy for you as possible of course to thank Degsy for all the pre-season entertainment he's given the RL community...😁

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Watkins and Ormondroyd named in the Salford squad, thought they were injured? or is it mind games from Rowley.

Only about a month or so Rowley was in the press saying Watkins and Brierley would miss the start of the season due to ops, both played in multiple friendlies only a couple of weeks later. It's just mind games.

Leigh squad is up on the RFL site, even if they haven't released it themselves yet. Based on the 21, i think we'll line up like this:

1 Zak Hardaker
2 Tom Briscoe
3 Ed Chamberlain
4 Ricky Leutele
5 Josh Charnley
6 Gareth O'Brien
7 Lachlan Lam
8 Rob Mulhern
9 Aaron Smith
10 Ben Nakubuwai 
11 Kai O'Donnell
12 Jack Hughes
13 John Asiata

14 Edwin Ipape
15 Tom Amone
16 Ava Seumanufagai
17 Oli Holmes

18 Matt Davis

Ben Reynolds
Jacob Gannon
Joe Wardle

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The word is Salford have sold the South stand ( capacity 2000 ) and have asked for some more 

So should be a good atmosphere 

LSV website confirms South is sold out(holds 1958) and East stand blocks J/K now available to Salford fans only through the LSV website - i don't think they have any more to sell directly. Total is just under 9k not including any in the corporate boxes

Edited by LeytherRob
  • Like 1

On 14/02/2023 at 19:35, daz39 said:

Looking forward to this more than any other game this weekend due to the hype, can't see past a Salford win myself as i think Derek has put too much pressure and attention on his team and i reckon there will be some form of tantrum if they do.

What a bizarre thing to say.

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The word is Salford have sold the South stand ( capacity 2000 ) and have asked for some more 

So should be a good atmosphere 

Nah, you don't want a good atmosphere, puts too much pressure on the team, you should play next door at Leigh East and only let their regular supporters in, keep the crowd down, take the pressure off.

• Haha 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

LSV website confirms South is sold out(holds 1958) and East stand blocks J/K now available to Salford fans only through the LSV website - i don't think they have any more to sell directly. Total is just under 9k not including any in the corporate boxes

Totals a bit light Rob, will finish 10500 or so. Place will be bouncing from about 6pm with whats going on outside beforehand

29 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Totals a bit light Rob, will finish 10500 or so. Place will be bouncing from about 6pm with whats going on outside beforehand

What’s going on outside - not seen anything mentioned I don’t think 

28 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I'd be surprised if its above 10k considering the number of closed blocks in the east(block I has been withdrawn in the past couple of days to act as a buffer between the salford fans in j/k and the leigh fans in e-h), but I hope you're right.

Look, nobody should ever complain about a club putting in the effort off field to fill their stadium, especially if they succeed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Padge said:

Look, nobody should ever complain about a club putting in the effort off field to fill their stadium, especially if they succeed.

Don't know why GUBRATS finds this funny but  hey ho.

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Somebody will find something to criticise us for 

Often in the past with good cause, concentrating on the off pitch with toneing down expectations on pitch is a noticable difference.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Often in the past with good cause, concentrating on the off pitch with toneing down expectations on pitch is a noticable difference.

Expectation is to stay up , if we don't do that , all the off pitch will have been wasted 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Expectation is to stay up 

Which is a realistic aim, as opposed to often the mantra of new arrivals to be 'play-offs'

• Like 1