Fri 17th Feb: SL: Leigh Leopards v Salford Red Devils KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/23 at 20:30

57 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Back to the Leigh/Salford match i thought the atmosphere was fantastic with great support from both sets of fans. A big positive for Leigh bar the result. 

It was the first match of a long season, it confirms nor denies nothing, nice when you win not a disaster if you lose.

I don't know why anyone would discuss a hooker or coach from the past here.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

A little lesson , don't believe everything you read on internet message boards 😉

I didn't read it on an internet message board, other than photography this is the only message board I use and I don't use club boards on here.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 hours ago, phiggins said:

The fact the club listed the role as vacant in Friday’s program is as straight an answer as you could wish to have, without asking somebody that works for the club. The fact you bizarrely chose to dismiss this as meaning nothing, citing unrealistic scenarios to support what you said was an unsubstantiated rumour means there’s not much point discussing further I guess 

Another none answer.

My wife recently left her job, her position was advertised before she had actually left the place she worked. 

Edited by Padge

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

44 minutes ago, Padge said:

Another none answer.

My wife recently left her job, her position was advertised before she had actually left the place she worked. 

Christ on a bike!

Given you won’t accept the club listing the position as vacant as an answer, you’ll need to ask the woman herself, or somebody that works/worked with her for an answer.

Funnily enough, tap rooms up and down the town aren’t awash with gossip about whether the general manager is still working a notice period or not. 

1 minute ago, phiggins said:

Christ on a bike!

Given you won’t accept the club listing the position as vacant as an answer, you’ll need to ask the woman herself, or somebody that works/worked with her for an answer.

Funnily enough, tap rooms up and down the town aren’t awash with gossip about whether the general manager is still working a notice period or not. 

There are people who post on Leigh subjects on here who regularly tell us they are close to/mates of and claim to have the inside info. I asked a question presuming one of the insiders would confrm/deny what I had been told, so far all I have seen is a load of pepople trying to skrt the question which does make one think there is something that people don't want to answer.

Was she operating at the club on Friday, did she walk out Saturday, its really simple.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

There are people who post on Leigh subjects on here who regularly tell us they are close to/mates of and claim to have the inside info. I asked a question presuming one of the insiders would confrm/deny what I had been told, so far all I have seen is a load of pepople trying to skrt the question which does make one think there is something that people don't want to answer.

Was she operating at the club on Friday, did she walk out Saturday, its really simple.

No idea. I’d suggest that if she was, she’d be listed as still operating in the role in the program, but she wasn’t. As for your original question on whether she resigned Saturday morning. She resigned at least a month ago because the role was advertised

2 hours ago, Padge said:

No one is skirting anything, people including myself have provided the only facts that are available/we can find. I don't present anything as fact that I can't back up with citation and I've yet to see any Leigh fan on here claiming to know everything going on behind the scenes. It would be interesting to find out who these posters you refer to actually are.

The fact you seem convinced there is some grand conspiracy going on is just weird at this point. KR may or may not have left the club on saturday, but she was already definitely going to leave the club anyway so it's a pretty dull conspiracy. If you are that desperate to know, either find Karen Roberts on LinkedIn and ask her or drop an email to the club. 

37 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

there is some grand conspiracy going on

The only conspiracy on here seems to be avoiding discussing Leopards v The Red Devils.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

We lost 

I think the whole planet knows that Gubby, and it'll take till the day of the next game for you to get over it.

Leigh will be fine this season take that from, I think, the one poster who stated on here that Warrington wouldn't go down last time around.

Defeat blues is naff but nothing like as bad as a paper cut.

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

I think the whole planet knows that Gubby, and it'll take till the day of the next game for you to get over it.

Leigh will be fine this season take that from, I think, the one poster who stated on here that Warrington wouldn't go down last time around.

Defeat blues is naff but nothing like as bad as a paper cut.

I guess the biggest difference is Warrington had a promoted club to finish above. Leigh have to be better than one of the 11 clubs that have now been in SL for a number of years.

I'm not going to judge too much on the one performance, there are a lot of new players in, that are adapting to a new style of play / new club, and the combinations are understandably disjointed. Biggest concern was the drop off in the pack after Amone went off. I won't judge players too much on one game, but we'll need the middles to improve on what was shown on Friday if we're to stand any chance of staying up.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Leigh have to be better than one of the 11 clubs that have now been in SL for a number of years.

I'm not going to judge too much on the one performance, there are a lot of new players in, that are adapting to a new style of play / new club, and the combinations are understandably disjointed. Biggest concern is............................  staying up.

.........the reality that by the time the promoted club has the green light all the other clubs they face not only have established SL squads, but all the decent players looking for clubs have already been taken.

Wether it's Leigh or Toronto suffering, this has gone on for years and the Superleague clubs acknowledged the issue, and mumbled about giving promoted clubs 2 years in SL to be given a real chance to become a Superleague club....

But nothing happened........

Anyway maybe Beaumont is planning to make his club one of the "A" teams, or sneak in as a "B" I dunno??

13 minutes ago, steve oates said:

.........the reality that by the time the promoted club has the green light all the other clubs they face not only have established SL squads, but all the decent players looking for clubs have already been taken.

Wether it's Leigh or Toronto suffering, this has gone on for years and the Superleague clubs acknowledged the issue, and mumbled about giving promoted clubs 2 years in SL to be given a real chance to become a Superleague club....

But nothing happened........

Anyway maybe Beaumont is planning to make his club one of the "A" teams, or sneak in as a "B" I dunno??

This is true. Beaumont tried to mitigate this by committing to the budget last May and getting the squad assembled early. Only two issues with that would be whether players would commit to a club that didn't know what league we would be in, and if the players we've brought in are good enough.

We need players like Mulhern to step up in the middle. Whether they can, time will tell.

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

I guess the biggest difference is Warrington had a promoted club to finish above. Leigh have to be better than one of the 11 clubs that have now been in SL for a number of years.

No one is saying it'll be easy or that the Wolves were in the same boat as Leigh but you can bet the players are not counting all the negatives from one game and making it into a season scenario.

Part of this is past history with relegation of course but this is a far better and well coached side. The thing about history is it can play on the mind of fans but even if Leigh were relegated that doesn't mean this isn't a very different prospect for the Leopards.

Still absolutely sure they'll stay up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

Unreal

It's like the blue skittles request in the band's rider.

If you're getting the small things right, chances are you're doing the big thing right too.

Consistently missing kick off times - sometimes by miles - is a sign of a sport that isn't on top of the details. 

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 18/02/2023 at 18:41, Padge said:

I just asked a question, which you did attempt to answer, but didn't, you merely pointed out she is being replaced.

From my understanding Karen’s position had been advertised for weeks. A club sponsor with Derek said the Jukes allegation was ridiculous and Karen was no longer employed at the club. He was answering a rumour started on a Fev fans page😂 If someone had said Derek had words with someone regarding who should have been doing what then I would say that was feasible due to running around like a man possessed all week to get things perfect- which never happens. Doubt whether Karen was on 3 months notice possibly 1% chance of that. If you asked me could I work with/for Derek then that would be a big NO and thankfully he has let Lam and Chester get on with the squad - everything else would be an “I/Me“call. All said the lads done well, loves the town, loves the club and does a hell of a lot for both

15 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Where did you hear it then?

A friend sent me a text asking did I know anything about it, he like me thought it seemed odd. No idea where he got it from, didn't ask, I had no reason to it seemed a simple question to follow up. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquesition.

13 minutes ago, Padge said:

A friend sent me a text asking did I know anything about it, he like me thought it seemed odd. No idea where he got it from, didn't ask, I had no reason to it seemed a simple question to follow up. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquesition.

For the last two weeks prior to our game I've had people ( mates who don't go watching Leigh but go out a lot drinking in town ) telling me we'd lost our best player ( Ipape ) as he'd returned to Australia and wouldn't be coming back , all from reliable sources 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

For the last two weeks prior to our game I've had people ( mates who don't go watching Leigh but go out a lot drinking in town ) telling me we'd lost our best player ( Ipape ) as he'd returned to Australia and wouldn't be coming back , all from reliable sources 

Did you ask a question of anyone about it.