Sat 18th Feb: World Club Challenge: Penrith Panthers v St Helens KO 7:00 (UK Time) (Sky/C4)

Who will win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Penrith Panthers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/02/23 at 07:30

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I’ll give one . Vossy said Scarsbrook - McCarthy twice .

Ha ha yeah I noticed that too....but...however you say it ....

He's got the longest name in Super League

Louis.... McCarthy ....Scars....Brook 

• Haha 1

Great way to start the day. Well done Saints

For the WCC to be taken seriously we can’t expect the Aussies to travel here every year.  

Home and Away should be the way forward or expand it a bit

Dont think we need the early SL competition with all teams involved but the more our teams play NRL teams the better

my only worry now is that Saints players have put Theo’s bit too much in the shop window 

Well done Saints, terrific stuff. Am I mistaken or was that Kristian Woolf sat next to Wellens. If Saints invited Kristian to join them for the day, what a master-stroke that was. 

How ironic, after his drop-goal winner at the Emirates, that Crichton should be the one to make the crucial error in golden point time. And Jerome Leulia, so brilliant in the WC, was completely anonymous here. 

I knew Welsby was world class, but I thought Percival, Dodd and Sironen were magnificent too. Hope that some of the Saints stars put their hands up for England going forward, starting with the France game in April.

A magnificent day for British Rugby League and the Super League. Well done to all concerned.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

Well done Saints, terrific stuff. Am I mistaken or was that Kristian Woolf sat next to Wellens. If Saints invited Kristian to join them for the day, what a master-stroke that was. 

How ironic, after his drop-goal winner at the Emirates, that Crichton should be the one to make the crucial error in golden point time. And Jerome Leulia, so brilliant in the WC, was completely anonymous here. 

I knew Welsby was world class, but I thought Percival, Dodd and Sironen were magnificent too. Hope that some of the Saints stars put their hands up for England going forward, starting with the France game in April.

A magnificent day for British Rugby League and the Super League. Well done to all concerned.

Percival was my MOM - absolutely immense.

I remember arguing with someone on here who said his defence wasn’t good enough for international rugby and I couldn’t believe what I was reading. Defensively he is incredible, his reading of the game is top top class.  One of the most underrated players in SL.

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 4

Always admired James Roby, this really puts into perspective his contribution to Saints over the years

At 37 yrs old & in his 19th season James Roby has won the World Club Challenge making 49 tackles with only 2 misses. To put his mammoth effort into perspective he played in the 2007 WCC against the Broncos! What an incredible career. 🔥 // #blokeinabar

May be an image of 1 person, playing a sport, outdoors and text that says "Bloke s STEEDEN Unreal Roby In his 562nd professional game wins WCC"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

13 minutes ago, yipyee said:

70% of people don't know what they are on about,  can everyone stop kissing ###### the NRL now and admit that saints are now the best team in the world not the mugs at penrith?!!?

I thought Cumbrian Fanatic was making a very clear point, and entirely consistent with your perspective. 

18 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Always admired James Roby, this really puts into perspective his contribution to Saints over the years

At 37 yrs old & in his 19th season James Roby has won the World Club Challenge making 49 tackles with only 2 misses. To put his mammoth effort into perspective he played in the 2007 WCC against the Broncos! What an incredible career. 🔥 // #blokeinabar

May be an image of 1 person, playing a sport, outdoors and text that says "Bloke s STEEDEN Unreal Roby In his 562nd professional game wins WCC"

Absolute class. What a player he is!

• Like 2

Great result for the Saints. The attendance was what I would have expected for the game. It proves a point that the Aussies are not interested in international RL. For England or GB to make a tour of Aussie would be a financial disaster and must be avoided.

19 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Saints’ best ever player. Discuss…

What an immense performance today, absolutely fabulous. I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish, and the despair of Penrith’s late equaliser to the elation of that winning drop goal, unbelievable. Obviously the NRL is far better than SL in every way but I hope they show us more respect from now on, a great day for English rugby league. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Ha ha yeah I noticed that too....but...however you say it ....

Louis.... McCarthy ....Scars....Brook 

Ive been a big fan of LMS for at least a decade

He is still going strong aged 37 and has had a truly incredible career. 

Today, as usual he gave his all, and in terms of sheer guts and determination he is a world class athlete who has so much more to offer to our game

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What an immense performance today, absolutely fabulous. I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish, and the despair of Penrith’s late equaliser to the elation of that winning drop goal, unbelievable. Obviously the NRL is far better than SL in every way but I hope they show us more respect from now on, a great day for English rugby league. 

What nonesense, wake up, Saints have showed the arrogant aussies that the SL is champs are better than their so called best team in the world..

45 minutes ago, frank said:

Great result for the Saints. The attendance was what I would have expected for the game. It proves a point that the Aussies are not interested in international RL. For England or GB to make a tour of Aussie would be a financial disaster and must be avoided.

Aussies only care about Australia, its an insular view that is perpetuated from the top. Saints winning is a nice wake up call

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, yipyee said:

What nonesense, wake up, Saints have showed the arrogant aussies that the SL is champs are better than their so called best team in the world..

Just out of interest if that game was played for the next ten weekends in a row what do you think the outcome would be, 10-0 to Saints? 

• Like 1

Just watching the game, not read prior posts.

Enduring thought, and stating the obvious, is how good is Jack Welsby?  Complete player, defensively and offensivel.  Absolute quality, credit to the system, training and professionalism of Saints, as well as been a freakish talent.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

From what I’ve seen here in Australia heaps of people enjoyed seeing Penrith lose. Social media is full of people thanking St Helens.

I know it feels good to think you got one over the arrogant masses but you’ll find that in reality the arrogant RL folks are in a minority but seem to have a loud voice.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Just out of interest if that game was played for the next ten weekends in a row what do you think the outcome would be, 10-0 to Saints? 

Don't be stupid, it would be 11-0 Saints!😁

YY kinda proves the point I made earlier in the thread. Everyone has congratulated Saints on a brilliant performance and they deserve every plaudit they've been given. The problem is the likes of YY then start giving it the big 'un and no-one likes arrogance. Win with grace, lose with grace (yes I know he's left the club before someone highlights it😉). Don't start with the whole "we're f*cking amazing and you should all kiss our feet" malarkey. 

Enjoy the achievement but don't be a pleb about it.👍 

• Like 2