Toulouse focusing on youngsters

2 hours ago, kiggy said:

Big unit but was too fragile to be honest. Getting out of his comfort zone playing with Leeds will only make him better I hope.

Didn't realise he was fragile...assuming he's had lots of injuries? 

He doesn't look particularly fit which is a worry for them.....what's his rep as a trainer/eater?

7 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Didn't realise he was fragile...assuming he's had lots of injuries? 

He doesn't look particularly fit which is a worry for them.....what's his rep as a trainer/eater?

Any small niggle was an excuse not to train. I think Leeds will be good for him to toughen up, mentally as well as physically. He needs a good mentor to get the best out of him

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2023 at 22:53, The Daddy said:

Stephane Guillon is in the 21 man squad this weekend to face Bradford.

If it's the big hooker that plays for the TO Elite team he looks like a good prospect 

Guillon played last Saturday, he came on for Péllisier.  You are right, he's a big lad isn't he ! He won't get pushed over easily

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Guillon played last Saturday, he came on for Péllisier.  You are right, he's a big lad isn't he ! He won't get pushed over easily

It's great that Toulouse are playing these youngsters, they'll get plenty of game time this year. 

Skoundri, Pezet, Depyere, Laguerre, Lima, Guillon, Tropis, Biscarro that's a good core of young players coming through the system.

Well done Toulouse!! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

It's great that Toulouse are playing these youngsters, they'll get plenty of game time this year. 

Skoundri, Pezet, Depyere, Laguerre, Lima, Guillon, Tropis, Biscarro that's a good core of young players coming through the system.

Well done Toulouse!! 

The younger tropics is a class player too, he had an excellent game against Carcassonne in elite and he's only first year junior. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, barnyia said:

The younger tropics is a class player too, he had an excellent game against Carcassonne in elite and he's only first year junior. 

Yes I saw him play on Carcassonne's live game against Toulouse he scored a try on debut and was impressed with how he took his try. Was gonna mention him too but I've been told off for 'hyping up' French youngsters before.

10 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Yes I saw him play on Carcassonne's live game against Toulouse he scored a try on debut and was impressed with how he took his try. Was gonna mention him too but I've been told off for 'hyping up' French youngsters before.

He played for France u17s last year against the English and also on the Occitanie u17s tour last autumn, there was some very good players in the France 17s last year, unfortunately 3 or 4 of them from the paca region are just playing elite 2, which is definitely a shame.