Water Carrier

OldhamYed

Our water carrier for the last 2 years 

upon speaking with him at weekend at Wigan, he’s not missed a single session in 3 years with the club including training and games, literally such a nice approachable lad. 

is he getting the recognition he deserves? 

I for one really appreciate the work he puts into our club. 

• Like 3

Sam Doyle is an absolute gem. When I bought my daughter and my step daughter up v London last year, he greeted us, showed us round, organised a signed ball for the girls and was the most approachable, helpful and polite person you could wish to meet. I did write to the club about him too. 

Glad someone else has highlighted him. Does a great job. If all goes to plan, our first trip up this year will be Good Friday. Good luck in the meantime and see you then. 

• Like 7

None of the People who volunteer on match days get any recognition and it's been like that for years. Those who helped to get Whitebank ready didn't even get a thank you. When Rachel was the Commercial Manager, it was mentioned to her that all the helpers should get a free season ticket for their efforts and she thought it was a great idea. Guess who thought it wasn't?. He even made them pay at the Turnstiles at the first game.

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, Curlywurly2 said:

None of the People who volunteer on match days get any recognition and it's been like that for years. Those who helped to get Whitebank ready didn't even get a thank you. When Rachel was the Commercial Manager, it was mentioned to her that all the helpers should get a free season ticket for their efforts and she thought it was a great idea. Guess who thought it wasn't?. He even made them pay at the Turnstiles at the first game.

Personally, I think that's an absolute disgrace. These people are the life and soul of the club and it couldn't function without them. Very sad indeed. 

I have been volunteering at the club since the mid sixties sadly too old now but I never expected anything free I still buy a couple of season tickets pay squad builder and the lottery . I have done these things because I love the club etc yesterday I was disappointed as ever but I met old friends had lovely fish and chips after . Some people moan constantly 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tangle said:

I have been volunteering at the club since the mid sixties sadly too old now but I never expected anything free I still buy a couple of season tickets pay squad builder and the lottery . I have done these things because I love the club etc yesterday I was disappointed as ever but I met old friends had lovely fish and chips after . Some people moan constantly 

The irony is not lost on me 🤣

Tangle, as someone else who was a committed volunteer for many years, until quite recently, I couldn't agree with you more. Volunteering is something you choose to do and is done be for the love and enthusiasm you have of the club. However much time and effort I have put into helping the club, both on match days and otherwise, I have always purchased a season ticket and contributed to other fund raising initiatives and never thought anything of it. I have however, always been aware of fans who view volunteers with suspicion, assuming that they are doing it for 'a freebie' and that's rather sad. 

Of course, there are also those who continue to bear a grudge and haven't supported the club for many years, but continue to make negative comments. That sure is boring!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

Tangle, as someone else who was a committed volunteer for many years, until quite recently, I couldn't agree with you more. Volunteering is something you choose to do and is done be for the love and enthusiasm you have of the club. However much time and effort I have put into helping the club, both on match days and otherwise, I have always purchased a season ticket and contributed to other fund raising initiatives and never thought anything of it. I have however, always been aware of fans who view volunteers with suspicion, assuming that they are doing it for 'a freebie' and that's rather sad. 

Of course, there are also those who continue to bear a grudge and haven't supported the club for many years, but continue to make negative comments. That sure is boring!

Glad you and tingle are one of the ones who feel appreciated by the club. Clearly some don't and, despite liking to label them as boring, moaners or having an agenda, they are equally entitled to their own opinion and to express it.....even if it differs from yours. Making assumptions about people have a grudge or indeed whether people are volunteering for freebies isn't constructive from either side. Personally, I'd like to thank every one of you. 👏  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Well said Logic.