cup

tandle

2 hours ago, tandle said:

in 9 days time oldham play doncaster away,at this moment oldham have maybe to fit props.

if they dont stiffen the pack up i see a trouncing and quite a few injuries.

You little ray of sunshine. Im sure with you in attendance shouting them on the boys will give it their best shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Going into the first competitive game with four fit prop forwards is very concerning, the Wigan side we played didn’t exactly offer much quality from what I’ve been told and we dominated in the middle part of the field. Please go and sign three strong running prop forwards mr.Hamilton. Doncaster by 34 

Swinton doing very well. Doncaster beat a fancied Hunslet. I think this will be a tough one if our boys. Treat it like a final warm up gam, for me. Winning in the league is our priority. Last thing we want (though financially it would be good) is drawing a tough Championship or SL side in the next Cup round and getting even more injuries to our small and decreasing squad 

We've shouting out for weeks for the need for some props, but it seemed to have fallen on deaf ears. Being realistic who would be available now? The only option we have is players on loan but again so early on in the season I can't see teams releasing anybody.

Like Shrewsbury said lets treat the up as another pre-season warm up and keep away from injuries, especially in the props!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Challenge cup - pre season friendly - no never. Has the ambition gone? Maybe it's nearly 30 years since the last semi final appearance at Huddersfield but come on get some fire in the belly.

At the present time we are far removed from where we were 25 years ago. It's been a steady decline.  Comments like pre season friendly for the Challenge Cup just cements how far we have fallen.

• Sad 1

I appreciate your sentiment but isn't it down to years of under investment, under achievement and being drip fed poor performance after poor performance.

As much as I love the club, I see the lack of ambition. 

In the 21st century what have we achieved?

1. A season when we lost every league game.

2. More seasons in the bottom semi pro league

3. A league 1 championship 😁

4. Fordy nearly got us to superleague.

5. Losing to lock lane. For me it just showed me how far we had fallen.

Yes I might sound all doom and gloom but I might as well watch either Saddleworth or annes for the same Standard of rugby and a lot cheaper.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, clifford said:

I appreciate your sentiment but isn't it down to years of under investment, under achievement and being drip fed poor performance after poor performance.

As much as I love the club, I see the lack of ambition. 

In the 21st century what have we achieved?

1. A season when we lost every league game.

2. More seasons in the bottom semi pro league

3. A league 1 championship 😁

4. Fordy nearly got us to superleague.

5. Losing to lock lane. For me it just showed me how far we had fallen.

Yes I might sound all doom and gloom but I might as well watch either Saddleworth or annes for the same Standard of rugby and a lot cheaper.

B*gg*r off Cliff, I was enjoying my evening until I read that 😞

Edited by Jimmy DoNut
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

I can't disagree with Clifford but the important thing is we still have a club. We just need the Qataris to see the great opportunity there is in taking over our great club.

I don't think anyone can disagree with Clifford. Qataris? I'd take anyone for a fresh start!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 25/02/2023 at 08:58, jroyales said:

50nil to Doncaster.

The nil bit avoided.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I couldn’t get there unfortunately, but it finds like we have some good things to build on. Donny were always going to be favourites given their squad, home advantage and their extra competitive game. One of their lads scored four tries- a centre I think- which suggests we have some defensive work to do on one side. A shame not to hold on but far from a disaster, I would think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some Very impressive individual performances given the circumstances and some not so much, you Chuck in Morgan, Newton, Sheridan and Wilkinson into that team and maybe a few others I’ve missed out it starts to look positive. Plenty to build on. Please bring in two experience prop forwards Mr.Hamilton to help out these talent half backs 

• Like 1