Wakefield pitch

Stevie Mac not happy with the Wakefield hybrid pitch… anyone who went tonight have a view on it close up?

“It was a pretty tough game on a pitch that took skin of your legs. The boys there, their legs are red raw. It’s an issue. It’s an issue for Wakefield moving forward for their players. I haven’t seen anything like that before in terms of the blisters and blood that’s in there off that field there.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/steve-mcnamara-slams-wakefield-trinity-pitch-as-he-reveals-gory-dressing-room-scene-68502/amp/

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

McNamara can never leave Belle Vue without some sort of snide remark or whinge. Some justified some not.

Unable to move on from 2001.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Hopefully nothing in this, although it felt like an act of vandalism to tear up the best bit of Belle Vue.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

Didn’t realise they’d had pitch works too. I suppose it wouldn’t be a Super League season if we weren’t moaning about Belle Vue for something. 

Me neither. It looked more like a full artificial pitch to me rather than a hybrid one on the highlights Sky showed last night.

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

Unless you get them in the Cup he won't be going anymore 

Round 25 8/9/2023  will be a repeat fixture. 

Do keep up Einstein.  What's that saying about "better to be thought a fool" ?

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

95% grass, laid in the winter, no sunshine to aid growth. I believe there is a carpet of sorts under the grass but naturally this isn't at its best yet and has been used a lot for training and other events. Minor issue now, not long term.

So it’ll have more grass in time? Interesting. Guess we’ll see over the year. Certainly makes sense to have a resilient pitch for community use, just thought MacBanana’s comments were interesting 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

16 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Stevie Mac not happy with the Wakefield hybrid pitch… anyone who went tonight have a view on it close up?

“It was a pretty tough game on a pitch that took skin of your legs. The boys there, their legs are red raw. It’s an issue. It’s an issue for Wakefield moving forward for their players. I haven’t seen anything like that before in terms of the blisters and blood that’s in there off that field there.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/steve-mcnamara-slams-wakefield-trinity-pitch-as-he-reveals-gory-dressing-room-scene-68502/amp/

He’s obsessed by us, got the rub of the green from the ref and still moaning.

Up the Trin 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

So it’ll have more grass in time? Interesting. Guess we’ll see over the year. Certainly makes sense to have a resilient pitch for community use, just thought MacBanana’s comments were interesting 

The grass will grow the, pitch gets better in time it cost enough we will have to keep them fancy sprinklers on for longer.

Up the Trin 

14 hours ago, MZH said:

Hull played there a couple of weeks ago and I don't believe the pitch was even mentioned, it can't be that bad surely?

Exactly what I was thinking. Nobody even mentioned it.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Having done some investigation, there are two ways of doing a hybrid pitch 

Stitching , which was the original way , and now using a mat/carpet of synthetic with grass pre grown round it before laying 

Stitching is usually done a year or two after the original pitch has been established and it does require a 5 week shutdown for work every summer 

Using a mat is cheaper , but does require relaying after a few years , they don't last as long as stitching 

Given this pitch has been turned round quite quickly I'd assume it's a mat version 

• Like 1

It’s actually very straightforward what has happened here. The blisters (if there  genuinely was) will have been caused by the sand (if you’ve played beach rugby you’ll know it’s a killer!) that these hybrid pitches are based with - that’s why it looks lighter as well. As others have said, if this wasn’t a hybrid sand based pitch, it would actually look pretty bold at the moment - this won’t be an issue in the next few weeks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

It’s actually very straightforward what has happened here. The blisters (if there  genuinely was) will have been caused by the sand (if you’ve played beach rugby you’ll know it’s a killer!) that these hybrid pitches are based with - that’s why it looks lighter as well. As others have said, if this wasn’t a hybrid sand based pitch, it would actually look pretty bold at the moment - this won’t be an issue in the next few weeks. 

The thing that's always bothered me about claims of pitches causing injuries , surely the team playing on it every other week would be a mess ? 

• Like 3