Wakefield pitch

Back to the discussion a friend of mine saw the legs of a Wakefield player whilst attending an amateur match last week end (The poor guy had to wear shorts in the cold as wearing trousers was impossible) his legs were a total mess (I am not going to mention his name as its not fair) however he told my colleague that the pitch was unplayable and dangerous.

47 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Back to the discussion a friend of mine saw the legs of a Wakefield player whilst attending an amateur match last week end (The poor guy had to wear shorts in the cold as wearing trousers was impossible) his legs were a total mess (I am not going to mention his name as its not fair) however he told my colleague that the pitch was unplayable and dangerous.

Well by Weds well soon know they truth. I must admit I was a little suprised that they used it so much from january onwards as the seed was only laid around september. 

Ian Watson says Wakefield Trinity should have to forfeit game if pitch causes postponement

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/ian-watson-wakefield-trinity-pitch-26360840

This should calm things down a bit. 😐

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Ian Watson says Wakefield Trinity should have to forfeit game if pitch causes postponement

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/ian-watson-wakefield-trinity-pitch-26360840

This should calm things down a bit. 😐

The poisoned dwarf strikes. 

Thanks Ian, keep to yourself next time please. 

Edited by Stanley30

On 28/02/2023 at 11:13, David Shepherd said:

Have Wakey approached WY Police for some seized weed lamps? There must be thousands of them hanging around.  Hardly a week goes by that a flat on the high street where my business is based isn't raided and loads of pungent plants discovered.

Sadly current rules are that they have to be destroyed along with other paraphernalia. Siggest it at your next NPT meeting!

• Like 1

No doubt the Saturday morning chit chat will be that Wakey's floodlights are too bright/dim (delete as applicable)

• Like 3

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

12 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

No doubt the Saturday morning chit chat will be that Wakey's floodlights are too bright/dim (delete as applicable)

Brighter the better,might get the grass to grow.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Is that floodlights or fans😁

No sense of humour wollo? 

Edited by ELBOWSEYE
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

I'd prefer them to be a bit brighter, makes it harder to see Wakefield in the background behind them. Can you put a word in?

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

From what I am hearing we will probably have the best pitch in SL , ONCE IT HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO DEVELOP AS IT SHOULD.  However ,against advice the club have used it far too much use far too early in an effort to save a few Bob and make some money from three friendlies. I have heard it has been reseeded again which has cost money ,so not that smart a move.  However poor decisions seem in vogue at Trin.

• Like 3

Huddersfield were far from happy with the state of the pitch but have agreed to play largely because they don’t want to miss another round on top of the 1st rd Vs Sts.

They have issued instructions to their players re precautions they have brought an extra medical member in and have antibiotics, steroidal creams and so on to deal with the potential injuries

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

From what I am hearing we will probably have the best pitch in SL , ONCE IT HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO DEVELOP AS IT SHOULD.  However ,against advice the club have used it far too much use far too early in an effort to save a few Bob and make some money from three friendlies. I have heard it has been reseeded again which has cost money ,so not that smart a move.  However poor decisions seem in vogue at Trin.

Seems a bit daft seeding a pitch this time of year if it is going to be played on 

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

Huddersfield were far from happy with the state of the pitch but have agreed to play largely because they don’t want to miss another round on top of the 1st rd Vs Sts.

They have issued instructions to their players re precautions they have brought an extra medical member in and have antibiotics, steroidal creams and so on to deal with the potential injuries

And this is professional sport? 😐

15 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Is that floodlights or fans😁

No sense of humour wollo? 

Guess I'm just too dim. ☹️

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son