Thread on other Championship teams

19 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I imagine Fax have struggled to find a decent third half back so the plan will be to move JWH to half if there's an injury there, so effectively Pickersgill is covering for an injury either at full back or half back 

should have stayed at bradford

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

A late try sees Toulouse edge it at Widnes. Sounds like Olly Ashall-Bott got another bad injury which would be a big blow for them. 

Interesting comp this year and certainly no unbeatable teams. 

Clearly there’s no Leigh this season. 

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

No and i know its still early days but i can't see us going unbeaten from what I've seen so far,hopefully proven wrong.

At the risk of coming over all Mcdermott, I hope we don't. Battle hardened and ready for the final, should we make it, not risking being  complacent and thinking the job's already done. 

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

43 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

At the risk of coming over all Mcdermott, I hope we don't. Battle hardened and ready for the final, should we make it, not risking being  complacent and thinking the job's already done. 

I know fans are disappointed with last two performances but we do need some hard games to test us and like you say we don't need complacency setting after too many easy game's.

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

I know fans are disappointed with last two performances but we do need some hard games to test us and like you say we don't need complacency setting after too many easy game's.

From a fan perspective tbf, the last couple of games feel how it's been over the last few years. We're not used to being favourite so often, so emotions tend to swing from being world beaters to being at crisis point. There's a balance, and hopefully we'll build and grow, and peak at the right point this time around. 

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

11 hours ago, Fevrover said:

This is the thing and I have said it a few times this season already but Fev's start to the season has been so easy that it is easy to get complacent. Two tough games on paper so far, Fax at home who are notorious as slow starters each campaign so that result was really no surprise and then Bradford which turned out to be a bit of a slog which was pretty much Fev;s own doing with all the mistakes. A kick up the backside from last week will really do Fev no harm and has made no difference to the league results. The thing I find most inriguing is that Fev will have a tough run of away games at some point so if you pick up the odd surprise defeat before then it could make the top of the table interesting. As it is though Fev should win the league at a canter with everyone else beating each other and nobody being able to put together a run of form that could give them a shot.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

This is the thing and I have said it a few times this season already but Fev's start to the season has been so easy that it is easy to get complacent. Two tough games on paper so far, Fax at home who are notorious as slow starters each campaign so that result was really no surprise and then Bradford which turned out to be a bit of a slog which was pretty much Fev;s own doing with all the mistakes. A kick up the backside from last week will really do Fev no harm and has made no difference to the league results. The thing I find most inriguing is that Fev will have a tough run of away games at some point so if you pick up the odd surprise defeat before then it could make the top of the table interesting. As it is though Fev should win the league at a canter with everyone else beating each other and nobody being able to put together a run of form that could give them a shot.

We will find out lol.

On 19/03/2023 at 19:47, The Blues Ox said:

It’s started today with teams beating each other with surprise defeats for York and Sheffield.

The york one was definitely a surprise the Sheffield one not so much bookies couldn’t pick a winner was evens. We just blew them away that first 20 and let them back into the game.

which led to Ashton saying it’s depressing place to come to is Odsal you look around and I’m depressed. Funny thing is was never mentioned last year when they won 🤔 sour grapes come to mind.

said it before Odsal is depressing but everybody only goes there once I go there 13 times minimum depending on cup draws.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

The york one was definitely a surprise the Sheffield one not so much bookies couldn’t pick a winner was evens. We just blew them away that first 20 and let them back into the game.

which led to Ashton saying it’s depressing place to come to is Odsal you look around and I’m depressed. Funny thing is was never mentioned last year when they won 🤔 sour grapes come to mind.

said it before Odsal is depressing but everybody only goes there once I go there 13 times minimum depending on cup draws.

No, I think he has a point.  Always valued his opinion. 

Edited by lingaro

1 hour ago, lingaro said:

No, I think he has a point.  Always valued his opinion. 

How comes he didn’t say it last year when they won never mentioned the condition of the stadium then as I say sour grapes come to mind. If you read all my post I agreed it is depressing but what I’m pointing out is was never said when they won if he said it last year then this year been like I agree. But he’s only mentioned it when they’ve lost. 

1 hour ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I believe that DUMP is the word you were looking for.

No one has disagreed with the state of Odsal just when it’s only ever mentioned when a team losses there like James Ford the other year got a tape measure out on it for 36-18 loss. We then went to york and beat them 37-18 proves the point it’s a bit of grass home away which ever ground you play at.

48 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

How comes he didn’t say it last year when they won never mentioned the condition of the stadium then as I say sour grapes come to mind. If you read all my post I agreed it is depressing but what I’m pointing out is was never said when they won if he said it last year then this year been like I agree. But he’s only mentioned it when they’ve lost. 

Exactly like Dunning's repeated passive-aggressive comments about the officiating when Bradford lose, then?

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Exactly like Dunning's repeated passive-aggressive comments about the officiating when Bradford lose, then?

I agree but Ashton done it for 10plus years dunning is learning on the job his first ever first team gig and he will learn from the interviews in the future I hope. 

only call I didn’t like from the Fev game was roby saw 10 for a late hit fair enough but a late hit on Lilley wasn’t seen as 10 minutes my only gripe.

best team won makes no difference just if you’ve sent one to bin for something the bar is then set is the point I’m making.

9 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

only call I didn’t like from the Fev game was roby saw 10 for a late hit fair enough but a late hit on Lilley wasn’t seen as 10 minutes my only gripe.

best team won makes no difference just if you’ve sent one to bin for something the bar is then set is the point I’m making.

They were fairly obviously very different instances though. Hardcastle's penalty was for a late push on Lilley, he pushed him on the shoulder with his outstretched arm, penalty was the correct decision. Roby put his shoulder into Taylor with some degree of force sending him flying into the air.  Roby's unsurprisingly was judged a Grade C offence at the disciplinary and earned a ban whereas Hardcastle's wasn't even serious enough to be cited at the disciplinary. I really don't understand why so many fans find it hard to understand that there can be different degrees of severity for the same offence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bullmania said:

It's the same here Bullmania. Every time we win it's our fans behaviour that gets mentioned. I'm not condoning bad behaviour but when you are winning regularly it does get tedious. Like everyone knows bad behaviour and swearing only happens in Fev😯

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

They were fairly obviously very different instances though. Hardcastle's penalty was for a late push on Lilley, he pushed him on the shoulder with his outstretched arm, penalty was the correct decision. Roby put his shoulder into Taylor with some degree of force sending him flying into the air.  Roby's unsurprisingly was judged a Grade C offence at the disciplinary and earned a ban whereas Hardcastle's wasn't even serious enough to be cited at the disciplinary. I really don't understand why so many fans find it hard to understand that there can be different degrees of severity for the same offence.

I understand but behind the sticks ain’t looked at any replays on the day I was followed the ball just saw the Fev lad go down knew was late. Same with lilley followed how are chase was from the kick saw Lilley go down didn’t know how just knew was late. Why I wondered sorry for wondering seems don’t understand the game if you do that haha

• Confused 2