Thread on other Championship teams

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well. Bradford 28 Toulouse 18 full time, 3 Toulouse players and 2 Bradford players sin binned I think. Toulouse clearly can't afford to be missing two or three players with their squad on that evidence.

That’s the main advantage we have over Toulouse, a much stronger squad. Never saw this result coming though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well. Bradford 28 Toulouse 18 full time, 3 Toulouse players and 2 Bradford players sin binned I think. Toulouse clearly can't afford to be missing two or three players with their squad on that evidence.

Good thing is, it might bring 2000 bulls fans to Fev next week.

• Like 3

Lee Radford has pulled no punches after his Castleford Tigers side lost their opening round to Hull FC. Two of his overseas players, Mahe Fonua and Suaia Matagi have been dropped and sent on dual registration.so play for FAX on monday can't wait for BO to chirp in

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

That’s the main advantage we have over Toulouse, a much stronger squad. Never saw this result coming though.

I didn't either until the teams were announced (and even then I just thought it would be close).

I don't think this means that if we beat Bradford next week we must necessarily be way better than Toulouse, or at least their best version, though. Of course, if Toulouse continue to get plenty of injuries and don't add any more quality to their team, they might suffer more defeats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I didn't either until the teams were announced (and even then I just thought it would be close).

I don't think this means that if we beat Bradford next week we must necessarily be way better than Toulouse, or at least their best version, though. Of course, if Toulouse continue to get plenty of injuries and don't add any more quality to their team, they might suffer more defeats.

Agree P this result means nowt to us just means tonight bulls have bragging rights and means TO's squad isn't as good as many people have been bigging up

• Like 1

18 hours ago, POR said:

Lee Radford has pulled no punches after his Castleford Tigers side lost their opening round to Hull FC. Two of his overseas players, Mahe Fonua and Suaia Matagi have been dropped and sent on dual registration.so play for FAX on monday can't wait for BO to chirp in

Do I need to do two separate posts? I will just post them both here and then LTS and anyone else can use them how they see fit in the future.

I love DR its brilliant and gives us a way better chance through the season and if we can keep bringing quality players in it will give us a good chance of beating any side. DR4L.

I detest DR what a total farce it should be banned full stop. Ive started a petition with my local MP with the aim of marching to No.10 to get the word out that DR is a restriction of trade for squad players not selected because of it and it could eventually lead to the downfall of the Britsih Empire if its allowed to continue.

On another note really like that win for Bradford which has got their fans buzzing a bit which to be honest as a Fax fan I do like to see at some point as it makes the inevitable disappointment that follows a little bit funnier. Could the race for 2nd place be wide open though?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Do I need to do two separate posts? I will just post them both here and then LTS and anyone else can use them how they see fit in the future.

I love DR its brilliant and gives us a way better chance through the season and if we can keep bringing quality players in it will give us a good chance of beating any side. DR4L.

I detest DR what a total farce it should be banned full stop. Ive started a petition with my local MP with the aim of marching to No.10 to get the word out that DR is a restriction of trade for squad players not selected because of it and it could eventually lead to the downfall of the Britsih Empire if its allowed to continue.

On another note really like that win for Bradford which has got their fans buzzing a bit which to be honest as a Fax fan I do like to see at some point as it makes the inevitable disappointment that follows a little bit funnier. Could the race for 2nd place be wide open though?

DR is what it is BO unfortunately us mere mortals in the championship have no say who uses it how they use it and who they use it with

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ultimately whether we like DR or not it’s in the rules so we have to live with it. I am just a bit sarcastic about the stick we got for using from fans of clubs that are now using it. 

• Like 3

On 25/02/2023 at 16:05, elppaxr2i said:

I doubt it - on TV on a Monday night - i doubt their probable expected attendence will alter much

I agree if been sunday think we’d taken decent crowd not saying we still won’t but a lot less. Hopefully we can finally give you a game 🤞🏻

56 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

I agree if been sunday think we’d taken decent crowd not saying we still won’t but a lot less. Hopefully we can finally give you a game 🤞🏻

Think it should be a decent match, given that the Bulls appear to be much improved from last season. I’m certainly expecting it to be a close one.

• Thanks 1

We certainly can't rest out four big props against the likes of Widnes, Bradford, Sheffield and Tolouse.  Widnes had some size and pace up the middle and very good distribution to the wings.  Fax were very poor after losing 🗝 lost direction so difficult to judge where either team are. 

13 minutes ago, lingaro said:

We certainly can't rest out four big props against the likes of Widnes, Bradford, Sheffield and Tolouse.  Widnes had some size and pace up the middle and very good distribution to the wings.  Fax were very poor after losing 🗝 lost direction so difficult to judge where either team are. 

We won't L IT'S plain to see that barring injuries or suspensions gadwin and koppy are our starting props with mckenzie off the bench and we should have junior back sometime soon so no worry's

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Widnes were very good last night helped by a Fax side that were very poor.Fax will struggle to get into the top 4 unless theyt up their game and bring in a few new players.

Toulouse beat Whitehaven yesterday by a similar margin the one we recorded, it doesn't look like many teams are going to give them much of a game in France although I could see the likes of Sheffield and York, as well as ourselves, fancying their chances at home.

Toulouse had Hansen, Richards and Schaumkell back yesterday although they were still missing hooker Gahan and forwards Akauola and Peyroux. Although a lot was made of their small squad at the start of the year they have at least 26 players available to and training with them judged on those that have played already or been named in the squad, it's just the quality when they have a few injured that is the question.

On another note stretching this thread to last year's championship winners - I'm quite pleased to see Leigh won on Friday and are looking at the very least competitive in SL, they were miles better than anyone else in the Championship last year and it would be concerning from a Championship POV if they couldn't compete in SL.

I know it's popular for fans of Championship clubs to say they prefer watching Championship RL to SL but being honest the speed of the game is on a different level in SL and nobody should be under any illusions about how tough it will be in SL next year for whoever gets promoted. It's not looking good for Wakefield already you have to say in terms of the relegation battle, it could even come down to a battle between them and Cas.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Toulouse beat Whitehaven yesterday by a similar margin the one we recorded, it doesn't look like many teams are going to give them much of a game in France although I could see the likes of Sheffield and York, as well as ourselves, fancying their chances at home.

Toulouse had Hansen, Richards and Schaumkell back yesterday although they were still missing hooker Gahan and forwards Akauola and Peyroux. Although a lot was made of their small squad at the start of the year they have at least 26 players available to and training with them judged on those that have played already or been named in the squad, it's just the quality when they have a few injured that is the question.

On another note stretching this thread to last year's championship winners - I'm quite pleased to see Leigh won on Friday and are looking at the very least competitive in SL, they were miles better than anyone else in the Championship last year and it would be concerning from a Championship POV if they couldn't compete in SL.

I know it's popular for fans of Championship clubs to say they prefer watching Championship RL to SL but being honest the speed of the game is on a different level in SL and nobody should be under any illusions about how tough it will be in SL next year for whoever gets promoted. It's not looking good for Wakefield already you have to say in terms of the relegation battle, it could even come down to a battle between them and Cas.

I wonder if there is a worry at Fev and Toulouse that Leigh have had to massively outspend both teams to get to this point and that shortfall to get competitive on promotion could be too much for either team to bridge. Before Leigh's win this week comments from the Fev chairman did seem to suggest that reality was hitting home at just what a task it is going to be to even have a slim chance of staying up. Obviously this question becomes a mute point if the likes of Sheffield or Bradford were to spoil the party, but what are Fev fans expecting at this point if promotion does happen this year? What does not help this year is with Wakey likely to come down we will end up with the strongest SL in years next year and probably the most open Championship in years as well.

• Like 1