Keighley Cougars (H) Round 4 - Match Thread

Keep The Faith

8 minutes ago, coolie said:

I was glad today justice was done the shi.thousery shown by Mr Chisholm in getting Walshaw was disgusting attempt to cheat, neither referee nor touch judges saw the incident, and acted upon Chisholm rolling about holding his neck.. That influenced their decision, Mr Chisholm recovery very soon without injury, then kicked a field goal to win the game.. So he thought, Luke Gale lost Keighley the game again by a profession foul, and the game was stolen from Keighley by an Ex Ram well done Dale Morton, Man of the Match was Leake for me, never stopped probing, Batley a different team with James Brown on the Field

Well done Batley you deserved the win👏👏

Well done kibula too couldn't believe my eyes when he chipped ball over top was like watching a NRL star up mount 

• Like 3

Hmmm, "no ref no game" they say and watching that garbage in the middle really makes you wonder why we bother turning up to watch someone so inconsistent, so poor (for both sides) and just plain shi...

That said great way to have the last word, just surprised it wasn't chalked off for some erroneous reason! 

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 minutes ago, LINNERS said:

Find me better entertainment than that for ten English pounds. 

Absolutely 👍👍

• Like 1

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Thought we made hard work of it today,against a very average team, gale is just pinching money in my eyes, did nothing for keighley, we made it hard by giving away totally unnecessary penalties manning late challenge not necessary lead to try and a goal, gledhill shoulder charge another 2pts,we could have been a lot more comfortable in the game, instead of scrambling for a last minute win! That said I thought it was an all round team performance, brown ward gledhill reilly all doing the donkey work kibula did alright in his stint would like to see more minutes out of him! Meadows did well, just wish he would stop throwing that dummy all the time when he gets the ball 2 or 3x OK but he must have done it a least a dozen times! As for the walshaw incident it was right in front of me as soon as the ref spoke to the touch judge I knew what was going to happen!  There was a similar incident at widnes last year! Lucas ( who is not a dirty player by any means) had him wrapped up and was pushing him back chisolm chose to go down what is walshaw supposed to do? obviously he's going to fall on top of him, anyway  at the end of the day,we got the win which was very much needed! (well done boys). Ahead of a very tough game next week! Oh and thank god Johnson pulled out before kick off, can't believe he was on the team  sheet before Morton who wasn't originally down to be playing!!? 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 1

We did make hard of work of it but boy did we stand up and be counted as a group today with character from last year… 

Brown Rambo Reilly and Gledhill took us forward for the first half n hour before Ward and Kibula came on… but the change of power came when they were back on the field with 25 minutes left especially brown and Leak playing the full 80 minutes 

buchanan is player of the year so far he’s improved since he came and playing in the World Cup as made him improve again 

elliot kear also ran strong despite a few errors & a cheap penalty which cost us 2 points on the hooter 

disappointed with a few penalties given to either side by the officials but surely he shouldn’t be referring us but that’s the RFL for you… 

walshaw’s sin bin was a joke I’m sure chiz will be collecting his Oscar in a few weeks for that performance 

Let’s hope we get that feeling of winning back again for Halifax next week because it’s an important game at this stage of the season 

also the crowd I’d say 1730 or ish there but who knows 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was on sick list yesterday so didn't get down, following a comment or two on away travel group did Johnson actually play or go off injured? Is the team as listed on the pre-match sheet the team that took the field?

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Was on sick list yesterday so didn't get down, following a comment or two on away travel group did Johnson actually play or go off injured? Is the team as listed on the pre-match sheet the team that took the field?

Johnson withdrew after picking up an injuring during the warm up. Morton played on the wing. I think we only used 3 replacements.

Edited by Drigdog

Kaye didn't step up from 18th man then? If he wasn't deemed fit enough to be needed as 18th man are we so badly off not to be able to field a fit 18th man? We have a young apparently fit winger who on appearing from Cas last year came with the tag 'scores tries for fun' then young Burton who's stuck to his task every time we've used him. If these lads are the future then it's time to make 'em the present.

Edited by phildog
  • Like 1

So did Burton actually make the 17 thus qualifying as a sub appearance or did we just use 3 subs and an 18th man? Rog'll need to know for players' stats. Maybe somebody up at the club could clarify.

Did anybody else notice the issue with Jimmy's kicking tee after the first try? His tee was missing from railings where it normally sits, so he had to use a different one then his was found by Wardy in the Keighley bench🤷‍♂️

Once a Bulldog, always a Bulldog.

3 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

Was there an attendance given?

No, but as a yard stick is the half time draw if it's over £200 then the attendance is a good one.

34 minutes ago, beestondog said:

Did anybody else notice the issue with Jimmy's kicking tee after the first try? His tee was missing from railings where it normally sits, so he had to use a different one then his was found by Wardy in the Keighley bench🤷‍♂️

Yes, the one he used for the first conversion was too low apparently. I noticed Ben Kaye went round to the changing rooms to find the correct one I presume but I didn't see him return. It wasn't a great look!

3 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

Was there an attendance given?

I have to say that I would really like the club to announce the attendances. If people have committed to season tickets etc then the least the club could do is announce the figures so that people can see if the initiative, which many have bought into, is being successful.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Yes, the one he used for the first conversion was too low apparently. I noticed Ben Kaye went round to the changing rooms to find the correct one I presume but I didn't see him return. It wasn't a great look!

It was taken by keighley’s staff apparently but was found by wardy sat on the Keighley bench