Cherry Red Records Stadium London

4 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Admission coming at the risk setting myself up for further humiliation…

I was in hospital last night. I don’t even remember writing this lol!

I wouldn't reuse the cucumber.

5 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Admission coming at the risk setting myself up for further humiliation…

I was in hospital last night. I don’t even remember writing this lol!

Didn't leave your phone lying around, did you?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

AFC Wimbledon used to play at Kingstonians old ground so probably either someone got an old postcode via Google or had an out of date SatNav. I presume that's where people went.

K's currently play at Tooting and spent last season at Corinthian Casuals. I guess there's a slight chance someone heard Dons played at K's way back when and just Googled K's current ground but I'd imagine it's more likely they went to the old ground in Kingston. 

I just hit Google maps and it gave me two options when I searched cherry red records stadium.....one of which was the old AFC ground.

It's a bit slack for AFC Wimbledon to allow that, but common sense would dictate that a professional transport agency would research the best routes, parking options etc and even talk to the host club?  

The Thameslink trains to Sutton from StPancras run every 30 minutes. Haydon's Road is a five minute walk to the stadium. Much the simplest way to get there

Just make sure it's the Sutton via Wimbledon train as there are trains (also every 30 minutes which go via another route!) 

Edited by bromleybulldog

Thanks everyone for the advice, opted for tube to Vauxhall then SW trains to Earlsfield.

The Corner Pin is a decent traditional pub but the facility that London have with the bar in the ground is tremendous.

A great stadium to watch Rugby League, enough food trucks to go at and plenty of decent toilets.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

Thanks everyone for the advice, opted for tube to Vauxhall then SW trains to Earlsfield.

The Corner Pin is a decent traditional pub but the facility that London have with the bar in the ground is tremendous.

A great stadium to watch Rugby League, enough food trucks to go at and plenty of decent toilets.

Yes - it's very good. Ealing had some good points but this feels much better and the pub in the ground is quality.

2 hours ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

Yeah the bar is good at the ground and the food tricks good (the duck wraps were good yesterday )

2 hours ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

Now if Only London could get a leadership team and playing squad to match the stadium 🙂

Edited by crashmon

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

Now if Only London could get a leadership team and playing squad to match the stadium 🙂

To be fair - the squad is competitive. Coleman was a complete disaster.

They have been within 10 every game so far.

Albeit I expect a few pastings.

Edited by Leonard

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

To be fair - the squad is competitive. Coleman was a complete disaster.

They have been within 10 every game so far.

Albeit I expect a few pastings.

When the squad matches the 2018 squad which got promotion to SL, then it will be acceptable.  We are still a long way behind where we was on 2018, and spending 200K a year on Cherry Records Stadium only makes sense if we have a SL ready team.

Until we have that, PL is just a big white elephant around the Broncos neck

• Like 1