Sat 25th-Sun 26th Feb: The Betfred Challenge Cup Second Round Match Thread

Thoroughly enjoyed attending the game in Cornwall today. A large crowd, with a belting atmosphere especially as Cornwall came back in the 2nd half. 

There's no doubt the club are building and growing slowly. Despite the internet naysayers, there is a real positive atmosphere around the place and people buying into the club down in Cornwall. Long may it continue!!

Edited by tiffers
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Tippytoe said:

See who they get in the draw tomorrow could be worth a punt.

Definitely could be. Was a complete performance and should only get better throughout the year. 
Very good set up this year down there, a strong 2nd team too who beat Milford’s first team

The Midlands Hurricanes are threatening the half century milestone now.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The Midlands Hurricanes are threatening the half century milestone now.

...and done!

Hull Dockers 4:50 Midlands Hurricanes, with 5 minutes to go.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Hopping Mad said:

FT GB Police 18 Westgate Common 22.

I had never heard of Westgate Common before this year's Challenge Cup.  3rd round for them is great.

What league/division are they in?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Jeff Stein said:

Enjoyed Dockers Hurricanes. Entertaining game. Good coverage 

I knew there were some familiar names in the Hurricanes side but I hadn't realised there were twelve Hull lads in their squad.

No wonder Paul Cooke said it was like a local derby.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

54 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I had never heard of Westgate Common before this year's Challenge Cup.  3rd round for them is great.

What league/division are they in?

Topped the Yorkshire League in 2022 hence in this season's Challenge Cup. Some connection, I believe, to defunct Westgate Redoubt, a famous amateur club. Now in their third season.

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Thanks 1