Sat 25th-Sun 26th Feb: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

36 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Not like we had f all to shout about. That’s a huge win and should give all of us some hope that this won’t be a procession . DR definitely made a difference. What eagles beat us in two weeks 

Can't see you picking up two league points in two weeks time.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Not like we had f all to shout about. That’s a huge win and should give all of us some hope that this won’t be a procession . DR definitely made a difference. Watch eagles beat us in two weeks 

Tindall had a belter. But it was only 1 player. Not like we had 3 or 4 in.  

Outstanding team effort

1 hour ago, JonNgog said:

Pretty depressing, Toulouse have gone considerably backwards since their last Championship season i’m afraid. Can’t see the backers sticking around for another season at this level either.

As has been evident on their first three starts (4 points conceded in 240 minutes!), they're fine when they are able to put something close to their best 17 out.

They just have no depth and are having to rely on inexperienced (at this level) players from their Elite 1 team. That's fine when it's just one or two mixed into the 17, but the three that dropped out from their 17 last week are all middles.

As an aside, regarding their "backers", they appeared still not to have a main short sponsor as of last week, don't know if that's changed yet.

50 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Tindall had a belter. But it was only 1 player. Not like we had 3 or 4 in.  

Outstanding team effort

Same as last season, up at half time and lose it in a mad 20 2nd half minutes. Plus ça change

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

O and when people are bleating Toulouse didn't have players. We also had first teamers out.

Nobody's "bleating", and it's clearly a very good win indeed for Bradford. The point that's being made is that Toulouse are going to be more vulnerable than mostwhenever they lose 2 or 3 starters,  especially in the pack, because they are going to have to bring in replacements with minimal experience at this sort of level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Does this result mean that Featherstone are now the only club to be considered untouchable in the championship?

Even if Fev lose a couple they'll be still too far ahead of the chasing pack to make any difference .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonNgog said:

Pretty depressing, Toulouse have gone considerably backwards since their last Championship season i’m afraid. Can’t see the backers sticking around for another season at this level either.

They won there first 3 games by a combind score 118 - 4

This time last week they were world beaters.

Now all of a suden they have gone backwards???? 

Weve just played them off the park. Full credit deserved to an outstanding team performance

10 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

because they are going to have to bring in replacements with minimal experience at this sort of level. 

It was a good win for Bradford, 2pts is 2pts for any team, especially in those conditions.

You make a good point about experience at this level, I think it was Stefani that got binned for his reaction to the Bradford players getting in his face. I'm sure someone else got binned later on, Pezet? Joe should know better and Belmas...well, doesn't take much to get him angry. I listened on the radio and it sounded a nasty game to be honest and the referee seemed like he lost the game for a period in the 2nd half, (the commentators weren't particularly complimentary either) and I guess the more experienced players can use that to their advantage. Still, you use all facets of the game to your advantage; pitch, conditions, players, crowd, inexperienced opposition it all helps. All in all, the 2pts win will be in the records for Bradford and that is that.

I hope he doesn't get too long a ban and learns from this experience, maybe having H on the pitch would have helped. They need to be better discipline wise as they will need 13 on the pitch to have any chance of winning these sort of games. Still, 2nd place after 4 matches is what was expected so I will take that. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Does this result mean that Featherstone are now the only club to be considered untouchable in the championship?

Nah, I'm a Fev fan but we're certainly not unbeatable as things stand, we had a very poor 20 minute spell against Whitehaven and if we play like that for any extended spell against maybe a stronger team we'll get beaten.