Sat 25th-Sun 26th Feb: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

8 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Looking forward to the Broncos game on Sunday....bringing the family so boosting the crowd by 4 as always....usual bribe to the sprogs of a McDonald's if we win or nothing if we lose 

They probably know you will still buy them a Mcdonald's if you lose,its what we do lol.

20 hours ago, TrueBull said:

Bulls are using the Leeds connection for the first time. Tindall (wing? Or possibly FB?) and McDonnell (2nd row/centre) join the 18 man squad. Should make it a bit closer, but still Toulouse win

I think Toulouse win but in a low-scoring game. The narrowness of the field makes it so much easier for defences, i can't see Bradford scoring many points but they should be able to restrict Toulouse to a reasonable degree, can see something like 6-20 to Toulouse.

45 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Ah now....you say that 

I genuinely genuinely don't !!! They only get a drink if we lose (and normal dinner at home)

It really focussed their minds 

#parentingforrsuccess 

Modern parenting ? 😆 Enjoy whatever the result, it's all we can do lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think Toulouse win but in a low-scoring game. The narrowness of the field makes it so much easier for defences, i can't see Bradford scoring many points but they should be able to restrict Toulouse to a reasonable degree, can see something like 6-20 to Toulouse.

Just seen the Toulouse team, they are missing Hansen, Richards and Akauola from their pack all of whom you would have expected to be in the 17. Whether Bradford can take advantage remains to be seen but that's very much a weakened pack for Toulouse, I think this could be tighter than many are predicting.

23 hours ago, Expatknight said:

short term D R is just plain wrong, if a team wants to enter into this kind opf agreement it should be for a minimum 2 months and ideally for a whole season otherwise it is wide open to abuse. As I have said previously I am not a fan of D R , it is diferent to bringing the odd player in now and again when you have exceptional circumstances. I was against it when York did it and haven't changed my opinion since. 

Two months?   A loan doesn't need to be that long.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

Three in the bin (Appo, Lilley, Pezet), Gledhill losing it on comms, Bulls Twitter feed in its inimitable passive aggressive mode. Meanwhile Joe Arundel scores. Sounds like both sides losing discpline.

That twitter account is hilariously biased.

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Toulouse have now had 3 players sin binned, sounds like they have fallen apart

4. The worry is that if the review panel has a field day TO won't have a team next weekend. 

D/R was interesting. Tindall definitely helped but Leeds pulled McDonnell late last night after their match which needed a quick reshuffle. 
Back to the match. Toulouse looked like they expected to walk on, collect the win, then walk off. As soon as that didn’t happen, their discipline went. Cracking game, great intensity of defence from Bulls. 3/3 at home, great start.