Thur 23rd Feb: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/02/23 at 20:30

Contender for "game of the round" this one me thinks along with poss Hudds-Wire.

Ticket sales going really well so far as I believe we're over the 5k mark already, which is great for us taking into account it's Thu night, it's a televised game & there's the small matter of Utd v Barcelona taking place 4 miles down the road.

The club are also offering reduced ticket prices of £10 an adult and there's an initiative of free tickets to all "cared for" children in Salford & their families for every game this season. Great gesture. No doubt people will bemoan the freebies but it gives kids the chance to watch live top class sport for free and whilst it may not generate £££ in the short-term, it may well inspire kids to take up the game or potentially become paying fans when the opportunity arises.

As a guy in his mid-40's who was football obsessed as a kid, a free season ticket in high school was enough to fully convert me to TGG and the club have certainly made their money back over the past 34 years!🙂

• Like 7

Both teams with feelgood after round one. Should be interesting. There's much talk of missing players but that means little even though some are crucial players. Replacements don't look too terrible. Then again HKR do seem to have the edge over us far too often.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Truly can't call this, Not seen HKR yet this season but they played some good football at times last season and beating Wigan is a great scalp for them. Salford likewise play entertaining stuff most games ( particularly against the Giants ) This could be a stonker and maybe home advantage might just edge it

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Thought Salford did really well last week to win in the face of Jack Smith.  Another tight game but given a fair crack they should have another victory.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 22/02/2023 at 13:51, Oxford said:

Both teams with feelgood after round one. Should be interesting. There's much talk of missing players but that means little even though some are crucial players. Replacements don't look too terrible. Then again HKR do seem to have the edge over us far too often.

I just the love the fact I can't choose a winner in this one 

• Haha 1

Busy in the Barley Farm tonight and long queues at the bar (nothing new with speed of service TBH!) Just finishing my carvery😋 and about to head down to the ground. Big queues for the car park so hope everyone gets in on time.

No excuses for Salford tonight, very strong team out so they have to do the business with a tough trip to Wire next week coming up.

Bring on the Salford!!!👹👹👹

A bit of vintage Willie Peters footage from the baggy shirt days!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salford are a good side, Hull Kr had a good win but i don't think they are as good as Salford, can see a pretty comfortable home win, no doubt i will be miles off though.

KR fans to start booing on 11 minutes and abusing the ref on 22, I'm sure they will him a bit of leeway with it being away.