brilliant for the lad and a great story of what an ordinary kid can achieve if they want to do well in sport - although I have yet to see him break a single tackle or make a try for any other player or do anything else but finish off ready made tries - total liabilty under the high ball and him and Watkins were a defensive turnstile in Englands biggest match in years - but hope he does well at the roosters 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

19 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

Roosters.

4 year deal.

Apologies if already discussed. Great move for him. 

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

brilliant for the lad and a great story of what an ordinary kid can achieve if they want to do well in sport - although I have yet to see him break a single tackle or make a try for any other player or do anything else but finish off ready made tries - total liabilty under the high ball and him and Watkins were a defensive turnstile in Englands biggest match in years - but hope he does well at the roosters 

Yes really good for him and should just be about good enough for SL when he's at the end of the contract!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

42 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

although I have yet to see him break a single tackle

Sorry, just checking, you haven't seen him break a single tackle?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

in normal play - take a pass and make a break ? no

Oh so you mean make a break, you said break a tackle.

I mean he was the Newcastle Knights top line breaker last year but we can put that to one side as I know from experience you don't do well when presented with any kind of evidence. 

• Like 10

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

26 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Oh so you mean make a break, you said break a tackle.

I mean he was the Newcastle Knights top line breaker last year but we can put that to one side as I know from experience you don't do well when presented with any kind of evidence. 

Now don't go confusing him with facts.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

Obviously not the same standard of opposition but he scored some belters in his junior days for us.

• Like 2

It is what it is. Known Dom from Kettlethorpe High School, Durker Devils football and Dewsbury Moor junior rugby days eventually onto Huddersfield Giants etc. Nice lad, lazy and soft as you know what. Lovely lad but there is no way I would ever take him into the trenches with me! Others reading this will know exactly what I mean. Always injured at certain away venues etc! BUT to be fair he took a chance and it looks like it has paid off. For me overs have definitely been paid out but he is not going to turn it down.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

It is what it is. Known Dom from Kettlethorpe High School, Durker Devils football and Dewsbury Moor junior rugby days eventually onto Huddersfield Giants etc. Nice lad, lazy and soft as you know what. Lovely lad but there is no way I would ever take him into the trenches with me! Others reading this will know exactly what I mean. Always injured at certain away venues etc! BUT to be fair he took a chance and it looks like it has paid off. For me overs have definitely been paid out but he is not going to turn it down.

Sorry mate but anyone who can carry the ball into the teeth of any professional Rugby League defence, never mind the elite Aussie comp, is not soft.

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Sorry mate but anyone who can carry the ball into the teeth of any professional Rugby League defence, never mind the elite Aussie comp, is not soft.

Elite aussie comp 🤣🤣🤣

Let's drop the nonesense spouted from Aus. They play a different brand but no better than the European comp

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Elite aussie comp 🤣🤣🤣

Let's drop the nonesense spouted from Aus. They play a different brand but no better than the European comp

You don't think the NRL is the best standard of Rugby League in Australia?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

Or in the world?

Of course it is.  I have been watching Rugby League since 1985 and there hasn't been a moment since then that the UK game has been a higher standard than Australia. 

And I have enjoyed each and every year of Rugby League here, it just isn't as high a standard.  That's not a bad thing, it's just a clear and obvious observation. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Of course it is.  I have been watching Rugby League since 1985 and there hasn't been a moment since then that the UK game has been a higher standard than Australia. 

And I have enjoyed each and every year of Rugby League here, it just isn't as high a standard.  That's not a bad thing, it's just a clear and obvious observation. 

Oh, i hugely agree. 

A few week to go...

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

You haven’t been watching very closely then, he was superb for the Knights last year 

Great news as Young will only develop further at the Roosters. No doubt this is a big money move for him too.

I remember at the time of the World Cup arguing against someone on here that said Young was a certainty to go to RU by saying that he wont as he will get more money in the NRL. People may not like it but we are lucky the NRL can compete financially with any Rugby competition in the world and it is key in keeping top English players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

You don't think the NRL is the best standard of Rugby League in Australia?

Not after Saints humbled their back to back 'worlds best' in their own back yard.

I also think Wigan and Catalan were as good as Saints in the years they met in the finals. Saints also got beat by wigan in the CC last year.

The SL is not as weak as the Australians have you believe. 

4 hours ago, MattSantos said:

It'll be really interesting to see how he develops; i would imagine they'll be looking at a switch to centre at some point. 

I think he's just a straight replacement for Tupou. I'm not sure I'd trust Dom passing the ball or defending in the centre. He can become one of the best wingers in the world at the Roosters though.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

There’s reports that Newcastle are not happy & are trying to make Young’s move to the Roosters happen this season,a swap deal involving either of the Butcher twins has already been rejected by the Roosters but talks are apparently ongoing.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I think he's just a straight replacement for Tupou. I'm not sure I'd trust Dom passing the ball or defending in the centre. He can become one of the best wingers in the world at the Roosters though.

A lot of money for a winger though. I get that they're really important, but not enough to spend that much, even with the Roosters salary cap tropes.

I'll bet anyone a pie that he'll play centre this year at some point. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas