22 hours ago, yipyee said:

All the aussie commentators and panthers coach and captain also said saints where the better team across the board but hey you and Dunbar with your salt jar know better ?!

Can you point me to the post where I have said Saints weren't the better side.

If it helps, I can repost all of my comments saying how outstanding Saints were as it looks like you are little confused.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, yipyee said:

You are a fool,

the score flattered Penrith,

Saints dominated penrith were second best 

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal-food-trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

• Haha 5

On 25/02/2023 at 20:02, JohnM said:

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal-food-trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

Quitter haha, on a serious notr and to get back onto topic good luck to Dom Young

don't be surprised when the moderators jack this site in- they must be sick to death of repeating themselves thread after thread week in week out - and when they do i hope certain posters will feel proud of themselves 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 24/02/2023 at 20:01, yipyee said:

but if you prefer chancing your arm, short kick offs offloads, it leads to more statistical errors with less set completions but as you can't predict the plays its far more entertaining.

You can predict scores/outcomes a lot more easily in Super League though.

Watching Wakefield Trinity "perform" against Wigan on Friday for example, was a joke. They had players who can't tackle, can't catch, and can't pass. It was a complete mismatch against a Wigan team who are decent, but not outstanding.

You very rarely get teams in the NRL who are totally incompetent and get smashed like that. To see it only two weeks into the season sets the standard for Super League for the rest of the year: Mediocrity. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madrileño said:

You can predict scores/outcomes a lot more easily in Super League though.

Watching Wakefield Trinity "perform" against Wigan on Friday for example, was a joke. They had players who can't tackle, can't catch, and can't pass. It was a complete mismatch against a Wigan team who are decent, but not outstanding.

You very rarely get teams in the NRL who are totally incompetent and get smashed like that. To see it only two weeks into the season sets the standard for Super League for the rest of the year: Mediocrity. 

There really isn’t an argument about which comp is the stronger despite a very small number of NRL haters who since Saints great effort against Penrith are ignoring the last 15 yrs & using it as some sort of evidence to argue otherwise.

But let’s not try & say there isn’t blowouts in the NRL or that teams don’t put in shocking performances because there is & they do,especially over the last few years with the speeding up of the game & set restarts,it’s RL just enloy watching the game at whatever level for what it is & not what it isn’t.

just watched the warriors beat the knights - no still not getting it with DY- the warriors left hand side totally owned him in attack and defence - still didnt see him make a clean break or make a try for anyone 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

just watched the warriors beat the knights - no still not getting it with DY- the warriors left hand side totally owned him in attack and defence - still didnt see him make a clean break or make a try for anyone 

Do you have Trent Robinson's contact details, you need to let him know he has made a huge mistake. 

• Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

41 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Do you have Trent Robinson's contact details, you need to let him know he has made a huge mistake. 

will last about as long as joe burgess

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

You are not wrong. I have just watched 3 NRL games back to back and of course was interested in how to English stars performed. Josh Hodgson was in fine form for Parramatta, Herbie Farnworth superb for Brisbane but Dom Young was spectacularly ineffectual for Newcastle, his tacking was indeed woeful. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

will last about as long as joe burgess

I think your criticism of a player who is still developing is very harsh.

He is 21 years old and 1 game into his 3rd season in the top grade (his first season was just 6 games). He is still a rookie in every sense of the word.

To put this into context.  From your posts on here, I believe you are a huge fan of Brett Morris, yes?

Well, in his first 3 seasons he scored 20 tries in 37 games in the NRL.  Young has 18 in 27 games.

It really does sound like you want him to fail half the time and that is pretty sad.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think your criticism of a player who is still developing is very harsh.

He is 21 years old and 1 game into his 3rd season in the top grade (his first season was just 6 games). He is still a rookie in every sense of the word.

To put this into context.  From your posts on here, I believe you are a huge fan of Brett Morris, yes?

Well, in his first 3 seasons he scored 20 tries in 37 games in the NRL.  Young has 18 in 27 games.

It really does sound like you want him to fail half the time and that is pretty sad.

I want him to succeed in the NRL  and fly the flag for England- just cant see the hype that's all and would rather be honest 

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I want him to succeed in the NRL  and fly the flag for England- just cant see the hype that's all and would rather be honest 

OK.  He is playing his 29th first team game next week so let's see together how he fares across his last year at the Knights and his 4 years at the Roosters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

OK.  He is playing his 29th first team game next week so let's see together how he fares across his last year at the Knights and his 4 years at the Roosters.

ok statto

• 2 weeks later...

watched the defeat to the dolphins - no still not getting the dom young thing - 1st try waltzed past him without a touch - two massive blunders under the high ball AGAIN! - one leading straight to another dolphins try -mid field knock on - didnt back himself in the clear in the 1st half- nope- not getting it

• Confused 1

It's official; Dom Young has a stalker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It's official; Dom Young has a stalker.

just assessing the performance of players who are getting the nod for England as i would actually like to see our national team beat Australia at least once more before i die

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

just assessing the performance of players who are getting the nod for England

That's fair.

I would like to read your analysis of the other English players over the last few weeks.  No need to quote them all, maybe just 5 or 6.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dunbar said:

That's fair.

I would like to read your analysis of the other English players over the last few weeks.  No need to quote them all, maybe just 5 or 6.

this thread is not about them - I neither started or labelled this thread either for the record

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

this thread is not about them - I neither started or labelled this thread either for the record

Doesn't have to be on this thread.  You said you were assessing the performances of the players in the England squad and I just wanted read some of your other analysis.

You don't have to quote them, just pop in a link to the threads where your analysis is.

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

so if eng were playing aus next week in a test match - with only one wing spot left- TJ or DY ? and please be honest

Tom Johnstone.  Cracking player.