4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Like blaming Town Fans for some reason for Havens hooligans actions ? - at lease take some responsibility for your lot Davy

Confirming my post & detailing another thread,well done.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Is that the same Ryan Hall who scored a hat trick over the weekend and still makes very few handling errors?..... while Young tends to make multiple handling errors each game.

Now Hall has probably retired from England i would still have Young in the squad behind Makemson and Johnson- both of who are top class and alongside someone like Marshall.  Hope the lad keeps improving. 

Amazing. I mean there is positive bias for, or against, the super league and NRL, which is perfectly reasonable and open for debate. Then there is this level of hatred against anyone who doesn't  play in super league. Part of the reason we are so sH1+.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

Amazing. I mean there is positive bias for, or against, the super league and NRL, which is perfectly reasonable and open for debate. Then there is this level of hatred against anyone who doesn't  play in super league. Part of the reason we are so sH1+.

As I said, - i hope the lad keeps improving. 

Not sure why stating 2 other great wingers who are better players than Young is amazing. 

Even Bennett said Makemson was the best he has coached and TJ has been widely acknowledged as the 2nd best winger in SL - Young is great cover for those 2.

I was in Oz last month and saw Young play - lot to improve on but still a good player 

9 hours ago, thebrewxi said:

But which comp does this Makemson play in ?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

fantastic try by the lad - and credit where credit is due - having a great season and scoring some stunnas - that try reminds me of the offiah days when wingers backed themselves based on their speed and balance - dont mind a slice of humble pie as long as theres a pint with it - well done DY

• Like 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

A great athlete.

You can work on people's fitness and skills but you just can't beat natural athleticism. 

You can't coach someone to be 6' 7" and lightening quick.

• Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 26/03/2023 at 19:19, graveyard johnny said:

i expect  he  wont - nrl coaches wont gamble their jobs on erratic clumsy liabilities -like  shaun wane gambled our wc chances and it blew up on us 

Remember this beauty....

• Haha 4

We need to capitalise on players like this and get them known to a wider audience over here.  More internationals are an obvious solution but there must be other ways we can build on English players putting in performances like that.  Superstars get attention.  

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

Will be interesting to see if any speed stats come out of that Newcastle Manly game.

When Jason Saab intercepted, the Fox commentary team were enthusing about how quick he was travelling and Young from the opposite wing absolutely flew to get near him... not enough to catch him but he was shifting. 

Then when Young when down his wing Saab was nowhere to be seen in cover.

You can usually travel a bit quicker without the ball, I would expect that chase by Young to maybe be the fastest recorded player this year.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

What goes under the radar about Dom is the number of times Newcastle make a break or score a try immediately after Young has stretched the defence and got a lightening fast play the ball, he’s George Burgessesque in that regard.

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

Best English winger since Stuart Reardon. 😎

Nah, since Richard Horne and Karl Pratt.

When people complain about the national team now I always think back to the 2000s, we have a wealth of backline talent now compared to then

Edited by Damien

8 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Will be interesting to see if any speed stats come out of that Newcastle Manly game.

When Jason Saab intercepted, the Fox commentary team were enthusing about how quick he was travelling and Young from the opposite wing absolutely flew to get near him... not enough to catch him but he was shifting. 

Then when Young when down his wing Saab was nowhere to be seen in cover.

You can usually travel a bit quicker without the ball, I would expect that chase by Young to maybe be the fastest recorded player this year.

He’s a Saab but Young’s a Ferrari 

12 hours ago, Tonka said:

You can really see the sheer gas there between the 20 - 40 metre marks, on 30 metres he‘s just eating the turf up

It's amazing, he maybe doesn't have the acceleration over 10 metres that shorter wingers have but once he's in stride he seems to have a "cheat mode" button and can find another gear out of nowhere. I remember a clip from last year where he put in a try saving tackle (before scoring at the other end on the next set) and his pace looked impossible, like the video had been edited for him to make up the yards. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

21 hours ago, dkw said:

Remember this beauty....

yes I remember that - hes come on a long way since then - prob due to some great coaching and development-wasnt ready to play in wc semis back then 

Edited by graveyard johnny

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

21 hours ago, dkw said:

Remember this beauty....

I’m sure Toppy will be along shortly to remind us he had a poor game against Saints when he was 17 which means he’s totally overrated & will never make it as a top level player.

22 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

yes I remember that - hes come on a long way since then - prob due to some great coaching and development-wasnt ready to play in wc semis back then 

Really,fancy a 21 yr old improving with experience,who’d have thought.

Your post was ridiculous,”clumsy,liability” he wasn’t,he was a young 20 yr old playing in the toughest comp in the sport & making more of an impression than numerous more experienced British outside backs have failed to do for decades.

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

You are talking as if 'back then' was years ago.

I would be interested to hear your views on which parts of his game have come a 'long way' in the 11 games he has played since the WC semi final?

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

The comment of yours dkw quoted was made 2 months ago.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

You are talking as if 'back then' was years ago.

I would be interested to hear your views on which parts of his game have come a 'long way' in the 11 games he has played since the WC semi final?

He was very good in the World Cup if my memory isn’t playing tricks on me … and he’s very good now . And seeing he’s still pretty early in his career he’s only going to get better

• Like 1