Salford Kit.

NickD

Anyone else noticed that Salford have nicked our kit?   Apparently it was their first ever kit so maybe we took ours from them?   All news to me.  BSJ will know of course. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Is anyone aware what our original kit was?

Pale blue and red wasn't it?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Years ago in one of the year books there was a feature on the top players of the day. One of the featured second rowers was Colin Dixon, then a Salford player, who was pictured in a red amber and black Jersey  which Salford apparently wore for a centenary match, or some similar occasion. 

1880–81 team of Salford F.C.

Salford_fc_team_1880s.jpg

"In 1889, Salford moved their headquarters to the nearby London and North Western Hotel on Cross Lane. Salford switched from their traditional amber, black and scarlet hoops to red jerseys."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve just noticed that Salford are wearing the red, amber and black kit and then found out it had already been discussed on our forum.  The thought occurred to me that there may be ramifications for us under the IMG proposed new format. Here are some things to consider:-

1) Would two clubs be allowed to wear the same strip under IMG even when in different leagues

2) Do we have ‘ custom and practice’ rights to continue wearing the colours if a “situation” should arise as we have surely worn them for the longest time and Salford voluntarily gave up wearing them until recently

3) Are there any current rules regarding this kind of thing, and if one team had to stop wearing them would there be a ‘financial’ encouragement to facilitate this?

Interested to hear your thoughts - good or bad - but under IMG it’s all going to very professional and money oriented.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, myview said:

I’ve just noticed that Salford are wearing the red, amber and black kit and then found out it had already been discussed on our forum.  The thought occurred to me that there may be ramifications for us under the IMG proposed new format. Here are some things to consider:-

1) Would two clubs be allowed to wear the same strip under IMG even when in different leagues

2) Do we have ‘ custom and practice’ rights to continue wearing the colours if a “situation” should arise as we have surely worn them for the longest time and Salford voluntarily gave up wearing them until recently

3) Are there any current rules regarding this kind of thing, and if one team had to stop wearing them would there be a ‘financial’ encouragement to facilitate this?

Interested to hear your thoughts - good or bad - but under IMG it’s all going to very professional and money oriented.

I can't see that it would be an issue. 

How many clubs play in blue and white, or red and white. How close are Batley's current colours to Huddersfield's traditional ones, and of course nobody in Hull seems to mind that both Hull KR and Hull FC play in cherry and white.