Featherstone - Boom or Bust by the looks of it

11 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Should be in bother for calling out the ref, though doubt the RFL will do anything.

Why? Isn't he allowed an opinion on the ref/game ? The ref was shocking so he's right,commenting on the lack of crowds is fine but we have had 3 home games on the trot (with swapping with Newcastle today) and many fans can't afford to pay for 3 games at once,not everyone can afford  a season ticket either.

Edited by Fevrover

I'd suggest they're no more or less likely to go bust this season than any other in the 16 or so years he's been involved with the club as a director. 

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 minute ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

Don't take this too personally, but you don't half talk some rubbish.

Yawwwwwnnn!! Irrelevant what I said, his statement speaks for itself.

He clearly states that matchday revenue isn't matching investment, that's boom or bust.

4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Why? Isn't he allowed an opinion on the ref/game ? The ref was shocking so he's right,commenting on the lack of crowds is fine but we have had 3 home games on the trot (with swapping with Newcastle today) and many fans can't afford to pay for 3 games at once,not everyone can afford  a season ticket either.

Newcastle came with a game plan to slow the game down, and it worked in the first half. A change to more expansive tactics in the second half allowed Fev to pull away, made easier when they had a man advantage later on. 

That wasn't down to the ref, but I'd suggest was good coaching in spotting plan a wasn't working, and moving to plan b. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

He clearly states that matchday revenue isn't matching investment, that's boom or bust.

There's one thing for sure we will last longer then London.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

He clearly states that matchday revenue isn't matching investment

That's broadly the same as most clubs in the game. I assume they're all boom or bust? 

• Like 3

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

4 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

That's broadly the same as most clubs in the game. I assume they're all boom or bust? 

Except other club chairman aren't saying they won't subsidise the club if things don't improve.

Hey....don't shoot the messenger I'm just reporting the words that came out the mouth of the chairman

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

And how many clubs does that apply to ? anyway, Campbell has been putting money into the club since 2007, so it must have been a really long boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom! and if Campbell did stop funding the club, he wouldn't just leave them in the lurch.

13 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Or, it’s investment, and there will be times that investors feel they will never get a return.

Cant imagine match day revenue covers costs for a number of clubs, certainly Super League clubs who rely heavily on central funding 

• Like 2

I think in the current climate, to ask walk up supporters to attend for 4 weeks running just isn't going to happen. People will pick and choose their games.

In a club update video last week it was said that the season ticket sales were up on previous seasons and that £350K had been raised in sponsorship. Add to that the wages are supposedly down on previous seasons I guess this is just Mark having a go at fans for drinking in the local pubs rather than the ground.

I am sure next Mondays crowd for the game against Bradford should be a good one.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I think in the current climate, to ask walk up supporters to attend for 4 weeks running just isn't going to happen. People will pick and choose their games.

In a club update video last week it was said that the season ticket sales were up on previous seasons and that £350K had been raised in sponsorship. Add to that the wages are supposedly down on previous seasons I guess this is just Mark having a go at fans for drinking in the local pubs rather than the ground.

I am sure next Mondays crowd for the game against Bradford should be a good one.

We go in club for a couple but it's dearer then the Railway and Rover's Return,he wants to knock the prices down a bit if he wants more fans in. We only pay it as it helps the club but many fans will feel they can get more for their money at the other pubs mentioned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Shame it's not Sunday, do the club get any money for it being televised ?

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Why? Isn't he allowed an opinion on the ref/game ?

He will have signed up to the various RFL policies on social media use and on referees specifically. He can have an opinion all he likes, but he's a club official, not a fan, so needs to keep it to himself. Even amateur club officials ain't supposed to publicly criticize the ref.

Given the track record of lying to the RFL and getting points deducted and a big fine, he might be better advised to say nowt.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

You sound like you have spent a good few hours in the aforementioned "Rovers Return" to be fair. 

9 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Should be in bother for calling out the ref, though doubt the RFL will do anything.

Although he probably shouldn’t have said it he did have a point. Newcastle came with a game plan to slow the game down and spoil and unfortunately it was a young referee who was unable to stop it which ruined the game.