London Scholars

jroyales

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

Looking forward to the first real game of the season. Let's hope we get back last week's missing players and better the Hairnets 46 - 6 against them.

Is this the last game in Whittle's suspension?

I wouldn’t bring back any of the lads that were missing unless they are 100% fit, on yesterdays showing we should have enough to beat London with that squad. Need keep the likes of Morgan and Wilkinson fit for the big games. 

Thinking back to this time last year - we’d just been Lock Laned and the best we could seemingly hope for was to be at the top of the bottom group in this division ie the Midlands, London etc. The fact that we actually made the play offs was no mean feat given that beginning. This time, hopefully, we have a much more solid foundation and we can focus our aim on being in the mix at the top end right from the start. Injuries and suspensions may well hit us hard , but I’m genuinely more optimistic at the start of this season than last. Come on you Yeds.

• Like 5

My concern is the number of games being played this season i.e. 16. If they lose a couple then the heat is really on. We have to win ALL of our eight home games and hopefully beat one off the stronger teams.

I'm not counting the Hairnets in that category - it should be an easy four pointer!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jroyales said:

My concern is the number of games being played this season i.e. 16. If they lose a couple then the heat is really on. We have to win ALL of our eight home games and hopefully beat one off the stronger teams.

I'm not counting the Hairnets in that category - it should be an easy four pointer!

Ill have a pint of whatever youve been drinking jr!

Ready to have your easter egg cracked?😊

Considering how few games we have and the strong possibility that no team will really dominate the season, it could come down to points difference. With this in mind, just winning isn't an option we have to score as many points as we can starting with this Sunday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

Three days to go to what could be the most important season the club faces and it being the first game of the season and there have only been NINE comments. Four of them are mine and one from an Hairnet's fan!

I think people have just given up on this forum mate.  

On 02/03/2023 at 08:36, jroyales said:

Considering how few games we have and the strong possibility that no team will really dominate the season, it could come down to points difference. With this in mind, just winning isn't an option we have to score as many points as we can starting with this Sunday.

I don’t think you can go into any game thinking about points difference, let’s just make sure we win after last season debacle. 

Amazing to see Morgan and Wilkinson added to the squad, let’s hope they are fully fit and not being rushed back. 

• Like 1

Also we must sign two prop forwards if we are to compete at the top tier of this division, we are still way short in that department. Go and get Moi Moi and another experienced prop , been there and done it middle unit players to take this squad to the next level 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

Also we must sign two prop forwards if we are to compete at the top tier of this division, we are still way short in that department. Go and get Moi Moi and another experienced prop , been there and done it middle unit players to take this squad to the next level 

You must be Moi Moi's agent 🤣 I agree that we are short up front but I still think we'll rack up a decent win this weekend to start off what's going to be a really good campaign. 

39 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

You must be Moi Moi's agent 🤣 I agree that we are short up front but I still think we'll rack up a decent win this weekend to start off what's going to be a really good campaign. 

I think he is the only experienced prop forward out there off the top of my head 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chiefgeneral said:

Just read that Wigan have a dual reg agreement with us AND London Broncos. How weird?

i heard that the dual reg guys were playing the first 20 minutes for us, the second 20 minutes for them, then getting recalled at half time as Wigan's C team had an unopposed training session against St Pats Under 11s.

Only in rugby league....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2