London Scholars

jroyales

Why do we persevere with this dual reg c***p season after season. It never benefits us and just gives match time to the other club. I would only accept it if they loaned out their players for a season like they do in football.

The whole idea just disrupts any cohesion the team puts together in training.

Just interested could the loan club take their players back on the eve, or even on the day of a match?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

Why do we persevere with this dual reg c***p season after season. It never benefits us and just gives match time to the other club. I would only accept it if they loaned out their players for a season like they do in football.

The whole idea just disrupts any cohesion the team puts together in training.

Just interested could the loan club take their players back on the eve, or even on the day of a match?

I agree  with you in that it’s bad for the development and opportunity of our own and younger and local players. There was one occasion last season or possibly the season before when we had a lad from Saints. He gave us 38 very strong minutes (or less), got sent off and we never saw him again. The key point there though is the very strong minutes bit - a lot of these DR players are fitter, better drilled than other replacements we can calll up and as ever other team is doing it we are at a disadvantage if we don’t.  One rroot cause I think is the lack of investment and commitment to a reserve league and teams, which stems from the major factor in rl - lack of and unfairly spread funding. Having said all tat, I agree that DR should be for set time periods with no recall. It’s just stupid as it stands. (Although if we get Bevan French, Jay Field and two good forwards on DR I’ll probably be ok with that for the time being.)

• Haha 2

Flawless first half. I don't think we conceded a penalty and went in 38 - 6 in front. The second half was a real mixture due to players being taken off and a rush of penalties to London. 

Nevertheless, winning what's in front of you by 62 - 18 is pleasing enough. The Yeds #### half was brilliant scoring four tries, his last was pure magic well worth the full entrance fee us OAPs now have to pay i.e. no concessions.

No game next weekend and then North Wales away - could be a tricky one but if they played like they did in the first half today there shouldn't be a problem.

Disappointing performance overall I thought. We played well in the first 25 & last 15 minutes. In between we tried to score off every play & the game plan went out the window. Ridyard was surprisingly the biggest culprit as he looked to solo score on numerous occasions when we had overlaps on the right. 

There is a lot wrong with rugby league at the moment, dual reg for one, not knowing what 2024 will bring and this also effects not knowing if we are playing for promotion or is promotion based on grading if thats the case on field performance will count for a small element.

That all said a win is a win.

Edited by clifford

1 hour ago, LittleboroRoughyed said:

Disappointing performance overall I thought. We played well in the first 25 & last 15 minutes. In between we tried to score off every play & the game plan went out the window. Ridyard was surprisingly the biggest culprit as he looked to solo score on numerous occasions when we had overlaps on the right. 

Miles off the mark. Oldham were very good for majority of the game and scored plenty points 20+ more that hairnets. Paga Wilkinson and Ah Van were especially good. Plenty to work on but a very positive start to the season. Well done Oldham and mr littler. 

remember we lost to skolars last season 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 03/03/2023 at 15:27, Roughyed Rats said:

Score predictions. I'm going for 54-10 to the Roughyeds. 

Not too far off with the score prediction. Overall, it was a really good performance and a great start to the league season. Is there stuff to work on? Of course, but well done to the lads yesterday. Really enjoyed it 👏

• Like 2

Enjoyed the game. It was a really pleasing performance and just the sort of exciting rugby that we have been waiting for. Thought Paga in particular, gave an outstanding individual performance. Such a shame that there aren't more games this season, to be able to maintain some momentum for players and fans alike. 

• Like 3

Stats-

McNally-2 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 3 carries=28m

Hartley-2 tackles. one clean break. 12 carries=72

Sutton-12 tackles. one offload. 3 tatckle busts. one clean break. 7 carries=72m

Morgan-1 tackle. 2 tackle breaks. one clean break. 11 carries=53m

Ah Van-10 tackles. 7 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. one try assist. 12 carries=108m

Ridyard-24 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 2 try assists. 10 carries=69m

Paga-10 tackles. 9 tackle busts. 3 clean breaks. 9 carries=56m

Nelmes-19 tackles. 3 offloads. 21 carries=119m

Wilkinson-13 tackles. 3 try assists. 6 carries=26m

Blagbrough-15 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 10 carries=87m

Ferry-36 tackles. 5 carries=31m

Baker-21 tackles. 2 tackle busts. 8 carries=72m

Meadows-27 tackles. 2 misses. one offload.18 carries=78m

subs

Carr-7 tackles. one miss. 10 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks.  6 carries=92m

Slater-15 tackles.one offload. 2 tackle busts. one try assist.  6 carries=44m

Hirst-7 tackles. one offload. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 9 carries=87m

Tyrer-10 tackles. one offload. one clean break. 3 try assists. 5 carries=30m

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Great breakdown, as per usual, Brooksy. A little concerned about how much tackling Ridyard put in, this department should be lfet to the forwards. Hamilton on his post match review with OCR said Ridyard had hurt his back - no wonder. I'm sure Littler will sort it out for next time.

• Like 1