CC Round 3 : 2023

Therein73

An annual topic I admit, but who would you like us to get in the 3rd Round ??

Draw tonight on BBCiplayer .........from 6pm I believe

As a dreamer and a sentimental oldie, I'd love us to get Bradford at home and avenge the semi-final defeat of '73 ........ 😏   (I know we've played and beaten 'em in the CC since then, but it's the 50th anniversary ..........and it'd be a decent crowd !!)

Edited by Therein73
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Therein73 said:

As a dreamer and a sentimental oldie, I'd love us to get Bradford at home and avenge the semi-final defeat of '73 ........ 😏   (I know we've played and beaten 'em in the CC since then, but it's the 50th anniversary ..........and it'd be a decent crowd !!)

Home draw would be nice,but what’s betting we get one of the Cumbria clubs away.

3 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Stanningley at  home would be good but am fully expecting a trip to Cumbria as per tradition 😩

Wouldn't it be nice if the Beeb took some proper interest in broadcasting a few games in this round, obvious choice would be Fev vs Fax. There's what looks like a few evenly matched fixtures, Hunslet vs Keighley, Barrow vs Swinton, Us vs Rochdale and even the all amateur Leigh Miners Vs Rochdale Mayfield. 

• Confused 1

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

I think the Beeb already does take a "proper interest". Its coverage of the early round Challenge Cup games has been one of the competition's biggest saving graces in recent years. Cornwall match was brilliant at the weekend, and it was nice to see Edinburgh in the previous round. I like seeing the more far-flung teams and hopefully it will help the game to spread further.

Hope they stick with the amateur teams for this round, maybe Orrell v Midlands or Thatto Heath v North Wales, then one of the all pro affairs. Flat Earth Fev will massacre Halifax but the other games you mention look to be closer.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

I think the Beeb already does take a "proper interest". Its coverage of the early round Challenge Cup games has been one of the competition's biggest saving graces in recent years. Cornwall match was brilliant at the weekend, and it was nice to see Edinburgh in the previous round. I like seeing the more far-flung teams and hopefully it will help the game to spread further.

Hope they stick with the amateur teams for this round, maybe Orrell v Midlands or Thatto Heath v North Wales, then one of the all pro affairs. Flat Earth Fev will massacre Halifax but the other games you mention look to be closer.

Flat Earth Fev - lucky we are in League One Forum section 😂😂😂

17 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Flat Earth Fev - lucky we are in League One Forum section 😂😂😂

Don't worry Fev fans can access the league one forum. I personally wouldn't want to miss out on Coolie's and BSJ's posts 😘

• Haha 2

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.