Challenge Cup

bromleybulldog

Appears to be Sunday, kicking off an hour earlier. Seems a double edged sword for WBH, gets them home earlier but a crack o' dawn start, like we had going to Worky last year. Hope they bring a few, good crack with the Cumbrians and of course it's to their benefit.

By the look of Countryfile weather we're looking at snow and freezing overnights, upto Friday at least. Kev might need to befriend a farmer before Tuesday as I'm syre neither we nor Wath Brow will want a night match the following week.

BBC weather this morning, snow from Northern Scotland down as far as London up to at least Friday and minus night-time temperatures. I don't make it up!

Funnily enough I'm down Cleck n Heck and it started as I was passing Wetherby, about quarter to 2. Been told since that it started couple of hours later up Thirsk. Don't care about up here, we need it to pass by and give the pitch a rest for a couple of days.

All this fuss about a bit of snow! Anyone remember the 1990 Cup game aainst oldham batley winning in last minute 20-16! (full game available on YouTube!) all they did was clear the lines and play with about 4/5inch of snow on the pitch!  Stiney even used a pile of  snow to kick the goals!  The games gone soft lad!😂

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

All this fuss about a bit of snow! Anyone remember the 1990 Cup game aainst oldham batley winning in last minute 20-16! (full game available on YouTube!) all they did was clear the lines and play with about 4/5inch of snow on the pitch!  Stiny even used a pile of  snow to kick the goals!  The games gone soft lad!😂

Keith Rayne hat-trick.

John Cogger sent off for Oldham for sticking twos up at long stand.

One of our more 'glamorous' female stewards pulling his Mullet hair-do during a melee on the touchline involving Andy Williams and Cogger 🤣🤣🤣

proper Winter Rugby League....

bring back the Biff!!!!!

💪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

1 hour ago, The scrim reaper said:

All this fuss about a bit of snow! Anyone remember the 1990 Cup game aainst oldham batley winning in last minute 20-16! (full game available on YouTube!) all they did was clear the lines and play with about 4/5inch of snow on the pitch!  Stiney even used a pile of  snow to kick the goals!  The games gone soft lad!😂

I was there too. Madness playing in those conditions and even madder going  to watch it.

46 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

I was there too. Madness playing in those conditions and even madder going  to watch it.

What else was there to do on a winter's afternoon?

BSJ is right. We need to bring back winter rugby league.

• Like 1

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

il Cattivo ...the glamourous female steward was my late Mrs and what a to do she had over that. Cogger accused her and Stephen Ball had us up at his house during the week after going through the match video frame by frame which proved her innocence as at the time Cogger was lining up his kick at goal on the touchline she had a spare ball under one arm and a fag in her other hand. It was a middle aged woman from the crowd who pushed through who was the culprit and even all those years back I reckon I know who it was! This incident went right up to RFL Disciplinary where they accepted proof of innocence but she never got an apology. Rayne hat-trick and Darren Childs tries. Steiny 2 goals.

Edited by phildog