Match Thread: Halifax (A) - Round 5

Keep The Faith

12 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

Owt could happen on Sunday after fax's performance tonight! just hope we  send someone out to the shop for a kicking tee before we get there! They had to borrow mi grandsons tee on Sunday cos they didn't have one! and he's not going this week! 😂

We just assumed that they weren't expecting to score any tries.

Judging by Monday's performance it will be a nailed on Batley win if repeated. It won't be though. That Fax display was up there with the worst i've ever witnessed, unexplainable! I expect a Fax victory by 16. 🤞😅

• Haha 1

On 27/02/2023 at 20:31, LINNERS said:

Judging by their performance tonight, you'd think we have a decent chance of a positive result.

They've got some good fast  attacking outside backs but not they not the best defenders so YOU need your pack to bully them and put them on the back foot

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Judging by Monday's performance it will be a nailed on Batley win if repeated. It won't be though. That Fax display was up there with the worst i've ever witnessed, unexplainable! I expect a Fax victory by 16. 🤞😅

I dont think fax were too bad, they just couldn't live with the widnes line speed, and a superior kicking game. In first 20 mins fax were in top. Sticking your neck out a bit OG saying fax by 16. When was last time fax achieved that against us. We might not have clicked as a team yet but I really cant see 16 in it.

2 hours ago, Dog forever said:

I dont think fax were too bad, they just couldn't live with the widnes line speed, and a superior kicking game. In first 20 mins fax were in top. Sticking your neck out a bit OG saying fax by 16. When was last time fax achieved that against us. We might not have clicked as a team yet but I really cant see 16 in it.

August 

• Haha 1

They were more than 16 better than us last season but we were shattered when we played 'em. For our pack to bully theirs will be a tough ask, they're very solid and tough. We have to match them at least and stop them running their backs. If that happens we're in trouble. Hopefully there are no new jnjuries, Woods and Hodson are probably still missing but hopefully Hirst will have recovered. We can't go into this match light on the bench, I felt for Burton last week being brought in then basically being told he wasn't good enough to take part.

19 minutes ago, phildog said:

They were more than 16 better than us last season but we were shattered when we played 'em. For our pack to bully theirs will be a tough ask, they're very solid and tough. We have to match them at least and stop them running their backs. If that happens we're in trouble. Hopefully there are no new jnjuries, Woods and Hodson are probably still missing but hopefully Hirst will have recovered. We can't go into this match light on the bench, I felt for Burton last week being brought in then basically being told he wasn't good enough to take part.

I thought you beat them easy 1st time up last  year

Just now, POR said:

I thought you beat them easy 1st time up last  year

They beat us when we had 13 players left to use after 3 games in 8 days last year at the shay 

I think we can turn up here and be confident about winning they looked lost without Keyes on Monday night… 

Phil was you there? No offence to Burton but if we’d of taken leak off we’d of lost our go forward around the ruck in a game we had to win… 

29 minutes ago, phildog said:

Never said where he would play, just that 6 interchanges then had to do the work of 8.

The game was too tight to take Leak off Phildog.  It was the right decision on the day.  If Leak had flagged or been injured then Burton would have come on.  It was good to see him on the bench though and I hope that he gets another chance. 

54 minutes ago, Bill H said:

The game was too tight to take Leak off Phildog.  It was the right decision on the day.  If Leak had flagged or been injured then Burton would have come on.  It was good to see him on the bench though and I hope that he gets another chance. 

Correct Leak’s runs from dummy half to set up 2 tries helped us find the gaps and vision for the tries