SUNDAY 5th MARCH
Barrow Raiders v Newcastle Thunder  
Halifax Panthers v Batley Bulldogs  
Keighley Cougars v London Broncos  
Sheffield Eagles v Widnes Vikings 
Swinton Lions v York Knights  

BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

On 01/03/2023 at 12:23, kiggy said:

Other than Calum Gahan and Ben Laguerre, Toulouse should have a full squad to chose from so I am not expecting an upset. Widnes and Sheffield away in the next 2 weeks will be much tougher matches. 

Dom peyroux is out for 6 weeks 

• Sad 1

SATURDAY 4th MARCH
Toulouse Olympique v Whitehaven  

SUNDAY 5th MARCH
Barrow Raiders v Newcastle Thunder  
Halifax Panthers v Batley Bulldogs  
Keighley Cougars v London Broncos  
Sheffield Eagles v Widnes Vikings 
Swinton Lions v York Knights 

On 28/02/2023 at 17:07, John Drake said:

Posted afte the TO-Haven game, this was my pre-game guess.

SATURDAY 4th MARCH
Toulouse Olympique v Whitehaven  TO by 40

SUNDAY 5th MARCH
Barrow Raiders v Newcastle Thunder  Barrow by 10
Halifax Panthers v Batley Bulldogs       Fax by 12
Keighley Cougars v London Broncos    London by 4
Sheffield Eagles v Widnes Vikings        WIdnes by 10
Swinton Lions v York Knights                York by 4

each of the Sunday 5 could go either way.

Monday's game will be won by Fev by at least 20.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Good to see some Whitehaven fans made the journey, and to the team, who can take solace in the fact that they are the 1st team to score at Ernest Wallon this season

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kiggy said:

Good to see some Whitehaven fans made the journey, and to the team, who can take solace in the fact that they are the 1st team to score at Ernest Wallon this season

That's the draw of the ' Melting pot ' 

27 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I can't help but think if Toulouse had started with the same set of fixtures as Fev then at this point people would be talking about how Toulouse were nailed on for promotion this year. 

So you don't think fax would of had a chance of turning them over if Toulouse had fevs run. Both Toulouse and fev have had a "hard" fixture. One survived the other didn't. Oxys Fev agenda 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

So you don't think fax would of had a chance of turning them over if Toulouse had fevs run. Both Toulouse and fev have had a "hard" fixture. One survived the other didn't. Oxys Fev agenda 

You think we would have had a chance of going to France and getting a win? We couldn't even go to Widnes and compete. 🤣

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

You think we would have had a chance of going to France and getting a win? We couldn't even go to Widnes and compete. 🤣

The worst thing about that defeat at Widnes was how your players seemed disinterested and just gave up, it looks like when the coach is losing the dressing room and the player's can't be bothered playing for him.

32 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The worst thing about that defeat at Widnes was how your players seemed disinterested and just gave up, it looks like when the coach is losing the dressing room and the player's can't be bothered playing for him.

We said the same last season and people were calling for his head and it turned out ok. Personally think we will see similar this season even if we were to lose today.

Arrived home around an hour ago i hate below outs.

On a happier note well done to the Whitehaven fans for making the journey and also to the group of Hull FC fans who traveled up to Toulouse to watch the match (True RL fans:)

Dont know what was announced as the crowd my guess was around 1200 (500 + of those would have been at the VIP a good selection of local business) Toulouse seem to have lost around 3/4000 from SL which makes the decision to not give them a 3 year settling in period like the Dragons had even more ridiculous.

Will post a blog up on my you tube channel this afternoon and a big THANK YOU to the Whitehaven fan who took my sense of humour the right way 🙂 

Paul

32 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Arrived home around an hour ago i hate below outs.

Do you think that expected blowouts could be keeping a number of the 3/4000 away Paul, from my club Leigh's expierience last season, I think that the number of games which were foregone conclusions directly effected the attendances and kept them low.

On your other point about the 3 year settling in period, sorry I have to disagree to me each club playing in the same league should be treated exactly the same.