Mon 6th Mar: Ch: Featherstone Rovers v Bradford Bulls KO 19:45 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Bradford Bulls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/23 at 20:15

6 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Reports coming out regarding racist chants from the Fev lot (again!) 

Sat in the away end and i didnt pick up on anything my self but apparently it was clear as day on the radio. 

Was anything heard on TV?

Didn't hear a thing either. Plenty of swearing, but nothing racist whatsoever. 

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

8 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Sat in the away end and i didnt pick up on anything my self but apparently it was clear as day on the radio. 

There was no racist chanting. I was in that section of crowd and was chanting myself. Plenty of swearing and insults, nothing that was racist. Unless it occurred while I was at the bogs I'd suggest this is just poo stirring by some inadequate and upset Northern fans (or Gledhill).  

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Like 1

Has anyone mentioned our floodlights are rubbish?

Thought Bradford had good line speed and the long ball out wide caught us out a lot in the first half.

Some interesting refereeing decisions. Briscoe a clear knock on from a kick that was missed. Holmes only the 2 yards off side for his try.

I thought all our props were poor. Yei made lots of meters then just decided to keep throwing it on the floor. Pickersgill looked rusty and was running on fumes after an hour, Aekins a big miss. Ford was class, his bullet outside for Gale's try showed how to do it, not the floaty nonsense we tried before. 

First 10 of the second half we came out and turned the screw. I thought when Davies scored we'd pull away but credit to Bradford for sticking at it and discredit to us for trying to become the Harlem Globetrotters of the RL world.

Probably closer than I and many expected but still 5/5 for the season. Plenty for Long and Pryce to think about before next week.

Bradford following and Dec Patton equally poor.

Edited by Michael Bates
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Now that we've had Brexit you can replace those woke energy saving bulbs with some proper Brexity British bulbs.

• Haha 4

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

37 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Thought Bradford had good line speed and the long ball out wide caught us out a lot in the first half.

Some interesting refereeing decisions. Briscoe a clear knock on from a kick that was missed. Holmes only the 2 yards off side for his try.

I thought all our props were poor. Yei made lots of meters then just decided to keep throwing it on the floor. Pickersgill looked rusty and was running on fumes after an hour, Aekins a big miss. Ford was class, his bullet outside for Gale's try showed how to do it, not the floaty nonsense we tried before. 

First 10 of the second half we came out and turned the screw. I thought when Davies scored we'd pull away but credit to Bradford for sticking at it and discredit to us for trying to become the Harlem Globetrotters of the RL world.

Probably closer than I and many expected but still 5/5 for the season. Plenty for Long and Pryce to think about before next week.

Bradford following and Dec Patton equally poor.

Not an attractive place to go on a Monday night when we usually get pumped. 

I don't think anyone has mentioned how  cold it was. I think that had an effect. The Bulls forwards were really tired at the end ... a greater percentage of dragging their opposites down in tackles rather than knocking them down.

Agree with the comments on Patten, he had a very poor game. He gets praised for his kicking game but there's not much to go with it. Personally, I'd switch Holmes and Patten and put one of our young guns on the bench.

Last night illustrated that we have no real pace; dropping Dave Foggin Johnson has been a mistake, full stop.

We won't break defensive lines till we have Chester Butler and Ebon Scurr back and playing in the same pack. The Fev forwards ran harder and faster than ours all night.

The scoreline reflected the game. Every player on both sides seemed to do some good things and also some poor things. Going back in the car, three of us ... two x  Bulls and one x Fev ... couldn't pick a Man of the Match.

Edited by Wolford6
  • Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

13 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Thought the Toulouse win and revitalised belief would have seen a big travelling contingent. As I said, disappointing.

Lots of reasons not to go. It was a late night game. For those of us with kids it was on a school night. Made sense to watch it on TV. 

Thought it was a pretty boring game to watch, one where Bradford probably thought they had a shout at times but in reality it was one they never really looked like winning. Bradford did what they came to do pretty well early on which was niggle and try and slow Fev down but even in the first half the number of yards that Fev were making up the middle had some big warning signs for Bradford. Luckily for them I guess that was Fev's worst performance of the season by some distance and they made a lot of silly unforced errors that helped keep the score respectable. Hard to see where Dunning is coming from regards the officials as Bradford scored 1 try that was offside and the first one was very marginal not to mention that theres a decent chance that Roby gets a ban for that late hit.

I must admit with all the hype surrounding Bradford I wondered if I had underestimated them and they actually are genuine promotion contenders. Safe to say I saw nothing to suggest that in the slightest and from what I have seen of them so far I still think they will be contending with Widnes for the last play off spot.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, OdsalBull said:

Not an attractive place to go on a Monday night when we usually get pumped. 

Odsal's never an attractive place to go to lol,but our fan's will still turn out in better numbers then Bull's ,141 last night which is poor for Bradford but having said that they have their reason's.

27 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I must admit with all the hype surrounding Bradford ...  from what I have seen of them so far I still think they will be contending with Widnes for the last play off spot.

We are better than Widnes; whether we are better than Fax will be interesting to find out. I doubt if either of us thinks our team is promotion contender.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

9 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

We never heard any racist chanting ,is it bash Fev again ?

34 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

Lots of reasons not to go. It was a late night game. For those of us with kids it was on a school night. Made sense to watch it on TV. 

I appreciate that but 141 ? These Monday night game's aren't to my liking anyway. Barrow have to travel down to Batley a week on Monday who thought of that one ?

6 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I appreciate that but 141 ? These Monday night game's aren't to my liking anyway. Barrow have to travel down to Batley a week on Monday who thought of that one ?

This is where some fans gain ,stop home and watch on viaplay I did the same when we featured against Barra last season on a Mon eve , local derby's ís when it should not be shown, as said only 141 Bradford fans present , they would have taken 500 on sun

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Odsal's never an attractive place to go to lol,but our fan's will still turn out in better numbers then Bull's ,141 last night which is poor for Bradford but having said that they have their reason's.

Have to disagree with that have been to fev when it's been filled (again a 20 zip loss) Never seen Fev bring the same level of support to odsal. Also think the novelty of these places has long worn off compared to when we first came down and was taking 2k to some of these places. Again, Monday night TV and a dump... Not an attractive prospect 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned how  cold it was. I think that had an effect. The Bulls forwards were really tired at the end ... a greater percentage of dragging their opposites down in tackles rather than knocking them down.

Agree with the comments on Patten, he had a very poor game. He gets praised for his kicking game but there's not much to go with it. Personally, I'd switch Holmes and Patten and put one of our young guns on the bench.

Last night illustrated that we have no real pace; dropping Dave Foggin Johnson has been a mistake, full stop.

We won't break defensive lines till we have Chester Butler and Ebon Scurr back and playing in the same pack. The Fev forwards ran harder and faster than ours all night.

The scoreline reflected the game. Every player on both sides seemed to do some good things and also some poor things. Going back in the car, three of us ... two x  Bulls and one x Fev ... couldn't pick a Man of the Match.

Couldn't disagree more on DFJ. Tindall is twice the player 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OdsalBull said:

Have to disagree with that have been to fev when it's been filled (again a 20 zip loss) Never seen Fev bring the same level of support to odsal. Also think the novelty of these places has long worn off compared to when we first came down and was taking 2k to some of these places. Again, Monday night TV and a dump... Not an attractive prospect 

A dump ? Wouldn't want to know how you would describe Odsal  then lol.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

This is where some fans gain ,stop home and watch on viaplay I did the same when we featured against Barra last season on a Mon eve , local derby's ís when it should not be shown, as said only 141 Bradford fans present , they would have taken 500 on sun

Maybe 250/300 but we'll never know lol.

• Thanks 1