Fri 3rd Mar: SL: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/23 at 20:30

The talk after Easter seems to be that it’s not the game the week after but the one after that where it can catch up with you. That is Leeds only hope you’d imagine in terms of a Saints lull. Saints don’t really blow teams away though, so I’m thinking an 18 to 24 point and a comfy nights work. 

Can't believe how everyone is backing Saints!

Leeds managed to keep the mighty Hull FC restricted to a 4 point victory and we know how they will go this year.

Okay...I know, I know..

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The result isn't that important, but Leeds' performance is. Smith's here for the long term with a plan to turn the club around properly, but expectations of quick results have come due to the performances after Smith arrived last year.

I think we need to show we're capable giving Sts a game even in defeat (I have zero expectations of a win). That would quiet the chattering numpties who are already calling for Smith to go, and set us up for the rest of the year. If we get mullered that will take much longer, and we saw last year how losing can become a habit.

12 hours ago, WN83 said:

The talk after Easter seems to be that it’s not the game the week after but the one after that where it can catch up with you. That is Leeds only hope you’d imagine in terms of a Saints lull. Saints don’t really blow teams away though, so I’m thinking an 18 to 24 point and a comfy nights work. 

Thats often spoken about and rightly so after the typical easter fixtures where players had 2 day turn around's followed by a 4-5 day turnaround. There may well be a bit of a 'lull' but I think the decision to rest forwards like Roby & Paasi for the Cas game and a fully fit Sironen back in the starting line up will bring a lot of energy back to the pack. The return of Makinson will also help with the workload as he's had nearly 2 weeks off and he takes lots of ball carries to help the forwards out.

So while I don't think Saints will necessarily be at their best they still should have more than enough to overcome what looks a fairly average Leeds team this season. 

• Like 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 28/02/2023 at 18:51, Chrispmartha said:

Jon Wilkin to have a trouser incident live on air, Saints to hammer Leeds.

I’m going over, not sure why as Im not giving us much chance, the only hope is if we have Bentley and Newman back and Saints hangovers finally kick in.

Yes Wilkin will be unbearable 

Have to say I admire your bravery going to this one 

Having said that I like to be a lone voice so....

Newman plays - shuts down Saints and then scores a hat trick 

Leeds by 16

4 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

5 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Leeds by 16

Just seen Harry isn't in the squad ....

Change it to 

Donaldson plays - shuts down Saints and then scores a hat trick (😂)

Leeds by 16

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

38 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Leeds by 16

My theory is that being at the game (arriving at kick off) will mean I don’t have to listen to and endure the sky/saints love in.

All i want from this game is for us to be in it and make a contest of it, not sure how much of s difference Roby not playing makes but we’ll find out.

Would be pretty funny if we turn them over on their homecoming, however i think it’s unlikely 

• Like 1