Fri 3rd Mar: SL: Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/23 at 20:30

We just don’t cope well with playing at Cas and I never feel confident. I’m just hoping the effect of that opening game defeat at HKR is a real sharpener for us. It looks like both sides have plenty of points in them, with Cas bombing a few on Sunday. 

Wigan by 8 in a high scoring game

Wigan by quarter past nine.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

I think it's about how Wigan will play away from home. Play as they did v HKR the result will be the same.  Keep the same intensity as against Waney and they should win, not by many, but will win. 

Surely they'd never be against Waney?

Shaun loves your club.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I'm expecting Cas to win this. We tend to struggle when we go there and I think the win against Wakefield was terrible preparation because we got an easy win with little effort when really we could have done with a challenge. I think it can be difficult to get the mindset right when coming off a big win and then going to a ground where you find things tough. I don't really think the Wakefield game gave any indication what had improved from the previous game or what we need to work on.

Cas actually showed some threat against Saints but their ability to finish off chances was woeful. They showed a real threat on their left edge and that's where Wigan looked very weak against Rovers. They could potentially cut us apart. I'm hoping Wigan can front up in the forwards but I'm not confident.

I'm going 24-20 to Cas

• Like 1

Castleford have shown a real lack of professionalism the last couple of weeks, with 

1 - the Westerman incident, and

2 - the club's abject attempt at dealing with it

Showing that there is a real issue with the culture throughout the organisation. They are all over the place. 

Culturally,  Wigan are at the other end of the spectrum, and I expect them to give castleford a bit of a hammering. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Castleford have shown a real lack of professionalism the last couple of weeks, with 

1 - the Westerman incident, and

2 - the club's abject attempt at dealing with it

Showing that there is a real issue with the culture throughout the organisation. They are all over the place. 

Culturally,  Wigan are at the other end of the spectrum, and I expect them to give castleford a bit of a hammering. 

Christ almighty

• Like 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

FT - Castleford 0:36 Wigan. Only one (converted) try in the first half.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cas were all over us for 30 minutes and we did well to keep them out. We then saw the tackle of the season by the ref, who denied Liam Marshall a nailed on breakaway try. Once Wigan got the first score Cas wilted. I thought Wigan looked a lot fitter and just got stronger as the game went on. He’s probably not got the physical attributes to nail international rugby but Liam Marshall is some Superleague player. 

• Like 1