NRL promo 2023

Not a thread designed to create an opportunity to highlight any shortcomings on this side of the world, but purely to appreciate a quality seasonal launch promo from the NRL (IMO :)).

Featuring Skrillex.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpPZF3BvNf5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

(sorry, cant' embed an instagram video - and not currently on youtube)

And the Fox League season opener promo too - which is on youtube, thankfully.

Both really smart and engaging. And i think both create a level of excitement for the upcoming games.

the Insta promo clearly tailored to trying to target a younger demographic of fan. Great stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

Not a thread designed to create an opportunity to highlight any shortcomings on this side of the world, but purely to appreciate a quality seasonal launch promo from the NRL (IMO :)).

Featuring Skrillex.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpPZF3BvNf5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

(sorry, cant' embed an instagram video - and not currently on youtube)

And the Fox League season opener promo too - which is on youtube, thankfully.

Both really smart and engaging. And i think both create a level of excitement for the upcoming games.

the Insta promo clearly tailored to trying to target a younger demographic of fan. Great stuff.

Reminds me of how the BBC promotes the Super League Show 🙂

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

This is the NRL`s promo (sans players):

NRL 2023: NRL’s TV advertisement revealed (smh.com.au)

I like it.

In fact the more I watch it the more I like it.

Me too mate, me too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Me too mate, me too. 

It`s very Australian isn`t it, I particularly liked that scene of those three kids running down that country road chucking the footy around. And I have to admit I`m not much of a fan of modern music but it seems to really work well with the match highlights in the promo.

BTW, doesn`t hurt when I`m sitting here with a stupid grin on my face after just watching that crazy opening round match.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Rocket said:

It`s very Australian isn`t it, I particularly liked that scene of those three kids running down that country road chucking the footy around. And I have to admit I`m not much of a fan of modern music but it seems to really work well with the match highlights in the promo.

BTW, doesn`t hurt when I`m sitting here with a stupid grin on my face after just watching that crazy opening round match.

Which match? Can I watch it on NRL.com? 

Just to see how other sports do it too. The new Formula 1 titles. Video screens and lighting. Very simple, and very effective.

https://youtu.be/YLFVD8xaD3U

(Can’t embed due to F1 usage rights outside YouTube)

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk