Match thread: Challenge Cup 3rd Round: Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Panthers. Sunday 12th March 2023.

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Not often you're wrong Oxy but you were today lol.

Very, very wrong, but I will accept it when the result goes like that.

Look Fev had a lot of players missing and it disrupts the team massively, I thought Sean Long was spot on with assesment after the game that Fev carried on from the game against Bradford in the same manner against us and I had said earlier in the week if we got that sort of performance that Fev served up against Bradford then maybe we give you a game because despite our poor form I still believe we are a far better team than Bradford. I know I mentioned our pack and that was easily the best performance they have put in this season by a long distance and they needed it because they as a group have been poor all season so hopefully they kick on from that.

Scrappy game overall but there was some nice rugby played by both teams, I thought the ref was decent and there were decisions for both teams that could have been different like always and I honestly thought we were going to gift you the game at the end there with those mistakes but we managed to hang on. Ive also said on here that I think fev were reading too much in to a pretty easy start to the season with plenty of talk like Long is the messiah and maybe today gives some of your players a bit of a wake up call and at the end of the day its not league points dropped so other than losing out on money from the next rounds it helps keep players fresh and to be honest the last thing Fax need is extra games with all the injuries we have been carrying and our small squad so swings and roundabouts.

Oh on the sending off I believe it were for Hardcastle kicking Jouffrett and looks like our player milked it a bit but not sure what the Fev man was thinking.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Very, very wrong, but I will accept it when the result goes like that.

Look Fev had a lot of players missing and it disrupts the team massively, I thought Sean Long was spot on with assesment after the game that Fev carried on from the game against Bradford in the same manner against us and I had said earlier in the week if we got that sort of performance that Fev served up against Bradford then maybe we give you a game because despite our poor form I still believe we are a far better team than Bradford. I know I mentioned our pack and that was easily the best performance they have put in this season by a long distance and they needed it because they as a group have been poor all season so hopefully they kick on from that.

Scrappy game overall but there was some nice rugby played by both teams, I thought the ref was decent and there were decisions for both teams that could have been different like always and I honestly thought we were going to gift you the game at the end there with those mistakes but we managed to hang on. Ive also said on here that I think fev were reading too much in to a pretty easy start to the season with plenty of talk like Long is the messiah and maybe today gives some of your players a bit of a wake up call and at the end of the day its not league points dropped so other than losing out on money from the next rounds it helps keep players fresh and to be honest the last thing Fax need is extra games with all the injuries we have been carrying and our small squad so swings and roundabouts.

Oh on the sending off I believe it were for Hardcastle kicking Jouffrett and looks like our player milked it a bit but not sure what the Fev man was thinking.

Good summery ,hopefully it is a wake up call and i trust Longy will learn from it,but end of the day he can only do so much. He's not tackling or turning  the ball  over far too many times. Anyway we move on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I don't think it will be tough for you guys at all today. Our pack has not given us a platform in any game this season so to expect them to do it against Fev in a mud bath would be a surprise of the highest nature. Im just hoping we manage to stay in the game for longer than 15 minutes this time.

Ooooohh hali hali, hali hali hali hali halifax. Big well done to your lads today on a massive win. Just goes to show money doesn't buy you success.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Ooooohh hali hali, hali hali hali hali halifax. Big well done to your lads today on a massive win. Just goes to show money doesn't buy you success.  

Why were all Fax players free transfers and don't get paid ?

2 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

You're on about money as if Rovers are the only team to spend money.

Most supporters would not have expected to see fev losing a game all season with the squad they assembled,  me included. Looks like they are not going to have it all thei own way after all. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dog forever said:

Most supporters would not have expected to see fev losing a game all season with the squad they assembled,  me included. Looks like they are not going to have it all thei own way after all. 

We had 6 of our better players out today and obviously those stepping up aren't as good certainly not today anyway, BUT Fax deserved their win just like Batley did last season.

4 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Mindless idiots. Probably didn't even go to the game.

That photo is about 100 yards from the turnstiles and as WRONG as it is what can Rovers do about it ? Answers please from all the opposition fans who like picking up on everything Fev that's deemed bad.

Back to the game.

I left the ground today pretty miffed and thought we had suffered at the hands of the officials, as well as making numerous mistakes.

I have since watched the game back, and I never thought I would say this, but I didn't think Moore had a bad game.

We definitely need to sort our mistakes out, and unfortunately that means I can't see Briscoe playing next week. We need to see Evans, and let him have a run of a few games to judge him on. Injuries may dictate how many we can change round, but some seem to think they just need to turn up and they win.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dog forever said:

I know Dog forever we are aware we are playing bang average like Batley at the moment but when we get our 50 million pound players back on the field like Lockwood Hepi Koppy Kheirallah Aekins Ford Dean and Hankinson we should show a sign of improvement. How we afforded that lot is beyond comprehension 🙄 Good job we've got some sort of crowd watching us😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

I know Dog forever we are aware we are playing bang average like Batley at the moment but when we get our 50 million pound players back on the field like Lockwood Hepi Koppy Kheirallah Aekins Ford Dean and Hankinson we should show a sign of improvement. How we afforded that lot is beyond comprehension 🙄 Good job we've got some sort of crowd watching us😀

And the squad builder,own ground,Wakefield  afc using it, functions galore and crowds growing,5 home games on trot with about 450 away fans so not all bad as some would have us think.

13 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

On an even more depressing subject than the loss..... 

Absolutely moronic behaviour. No wonder fans from other clubs don't want to travel here. What's gonna happen if they're identified? Are they gonna be banned from Post Office Road (The street)? How does anyone manage that? What would the punishment be, "Oh don't do it again you naughty boys". Scrotes.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Fevrover said:

You're on about money as if Rovers are the only team to spend money.

No I'm not. I'm saying that a team with less monies can overturn a team that have spent considerably more money building a team to get them into super league. I like fev but I am always going to applaud the underdog in victory. I know we aren't the best supported club in the Championship,  or winning games at the moment. Hopefully things will turn around for us. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I think that any team would struggle without both first choice halfbacks, Aitkens, and Hankinson. Alas it sounds like Hankinson and Ford are out for months, so we are going to have to find a way forward. Maybe we could look at some loan options in the short term.

I don't disagree, but I don't think that can be used as an excuse / reason for yesterday. We made so many basic handling errors and our completion rate and discipline was awful. You can't blame that on missing a few players, it was an attitude problem.

18 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

I don't disagree, but I don't think that can be used as an excuse / reason for yesterday. We made so many basic handling errors and our completion rate and discipline was awful. You can't blame that on missing a few players, it was an attitude problem.

Fair point,far too many dropped balls, which was the same against the Bulls, and inexcusable what Hardcastle did. I’d hope that some players are dropped next week, rather than just hoping that things improves. Surely if fit, Evans should be due an appearance?.

Just now, Monkeymagic22 said:

Fair point,far too many dropped balls, which was the same against the Bulls, and inexcusable what Hardcastle did. I’d hope that some players are dropped next week, rather than just hoping that things improves. Surely if fit, Evans should be due an appearance?.

I'd go with Briscoe, Leilua and Day as definites to drop out from yesterday. Hardcastle probably won't get his ban until the week after (I think?)

• Like 1