Hull FC v Salford - Our League

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/61487/our-league-streaming-for-saturday-super-league-clash

I think this is a good move to make more games more accessible to more people. At £5 there might even be a fair few neutrals who are willing to pay for a Saturday afternoon RL fix. It will be interesting to see what impact it has on attendances. But more PPV availablity is surely the future of the way we watch sport? I know Sky has been a barrier to this happening before now. Does this mean this is a positive that they are willing to be more accommodating? Or is it a worrying sign that their interest in the SL is dwindling even further?

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MZH said:

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/61487/our-league-streaming-for-saturday-super-league-clash

I think this is a good move to make more games more accessible to more people. At £5 there might even be a fair few neutrals who are willing to pay for a Saturday afternoon RL fix. It will be interesting to see what impact it has on attendances. But more PPV availablity is surely the future of the way we watch sport? I know Sky has been a barrier to this happening before now. Does this mean this is a positive that they are willing to be more accommodating? Or is it a worrying sign that their interest in the SL is dwindling even further?

Brilliant news.....just bought it 

Wish they'd do this for every game like PRTV does in union 

Need more of this for us fans in the south 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

9 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Might put a few Salford fans off going to the game now it's being streamed. Will probably save them £50 in £28 match ticket + coach/petrol costs.

Did being on TV turn many Salford fans off going to Leigh?

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Might put a few Salford fans off going to the game now it's being streamed. Will probably save them £50 in £28 match ticket + coach/petrol costs.

There are seats in the North Stand available on the Hull FC website for £20 for adults.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Priced it quite well, which is half the battle. The issue during lockdown when the Premier League wanted to do similar is their failure to read the room and they announced stupid pricing of something like £20 a game. 

Yep.....I was planning on an NRL fest Saturday night with the missus out ....this will now be the main event instead 

Very interesting, but is this the first time this has been announced? Why only do this 4 days before the event? Half of the possible audience is going to miss the announcement or have made other plans.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

I know Sky has been a barrier to this happening before now. Does this mean this is a positive that they are willing to be more accommodating? Or is it a worrying sign that their interest in the SL is dwindling even further?

I thought one of the main points about the current TV deal was that Sky relinquished their exclusive rights to SL, hence Channel 4 and hence this. Sky still have first dibs on most weekends I think.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Great news, well done RL Commercial and Sky for agreeing a deal, another sign of progress along with the C4 package and hopefully more to come.

Not sure if I'll actually be able to watch but I've subscribed anyway as I want to show them there's an audience for this, especially down south!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

There are seats in the North Stand available on the Hull FC website for £20 for adults.

Is £20 in the home end though? The link via Salford's website says £28 and I assume it's to sit in that quadrant near the corner flag where we're normally located?

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Did being on TV turn many Salford fans off going to Leigh?

I'm sure it did for a few. However, Leigh is 13 miles down the East Lancs, Hull is 99 miles away down the M62 so not really comparable. I think this will have a bigger effect on travelling fans as you're effectively losing the best part of a day making the trip to Hull and back so people may decide spending a fiver and keeping their Saturday free to be a wiser choice.

I'd hazard a guess that RL Saturday 3pm kick-offs aren't as well supported anyway due to clashes with football.

Knowing SRD fans they'll turn up because they want to, and may even feel their days are numbered so want to enjoy things while they still can.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, SalfordSlim said:

Is £20 in the home end though? The link via Salford's website says £28 and I assume it's to sit in that quadrant near the corner flag where we're normally located?

They've altered things of late but, as a home fan, I don't really follow it too closely.

They used to give the whole of the North Stand to the away fans but, as you might imagine, the % full signs were never out. So they now have away fans sitting in the north east quadrant but the seats I mentioned are in the north west quadrant. That area is unreserved so you could always turn up and see how the land lies as regards home fans but the vast majority will be in the east, south and west stands.

And don't forget, this is RL we're talking about so as long as you're reasonably well behaved and not too obnoxious I'm sure you'll be fine. Also, if memory serves, the concourse runs the full length of the north stand so I'm not sure what would prevent you from sitting in the north east quadrant but, as the ground stages football matches, I may be talking out of turn there.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever you choose and, aside from the result, hope you enjoy your trip over.

As ever, I will be wandering over your way for the return fixture.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, Oxford said:

Knowing SRD fans they'll turn up because they want to, and may even feel their days are numbered so want to enjoy things while they still can.

Agreed.....also for me watching live is so massively different that if I could go to a match them I always would even if it's free on C4 .....and I spend a lot of time and money getting to some games !

4 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

I'm sure it did for a few. However, Leigh is 13 miles down the East Lancs, Hull is 99 miles away down the M62 so not really comparable. I think this will have a bigger effect on travelling fans as you're effectively losing the best part of a day making the trip to Hull and back so people may decide spending a fiver and keeping their Saturday free to be a wiser choice.

I'd hazard a guess that RL Saturday 3pm kick-offs aren't as well supported anyway due to clashes with football.

Whilst agreeing that 13 miles is more acceptable than 99, you would be travelling in daylight. We, on the other hand, usually have to travel accross on a Friday night but do so in considerably greater numbers than the fans who choose to come to Hull.  However, if you do come, travel safely.

6 hours ago, MZH said:

Or is it a worrying sign that their interest in the SL is dwindling even further?

I'm sure Sky won't mind someone doing a test on whether there is a market for PPV for Super League.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)