Sat 11-Sun 12 Mar: The Betfred Challenge Cup Third Round Match Thread

12 hours ago, Griff said:

I dunno.  You could argue that Siddal isn't in the valley.   It's on top of a mountain.

I mean you could argue that. But in doing so you'd be arguing that 90% of the places in the Yorkshire Dales aren't in the Yorkshire Dales. Which again you could argue, but I question the value.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

24 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I mean you could argue that. But in doing so you'd be arguing that 90% of the places in the Yorkshire Dales aren't in the Yorkshire Dales. Which again you could argue, but I question the value.

Depends what you mean by "place". If you mean any old square foot of land, you'd have a case. But if you mean towns or villages, they're overwhelmingly at the bottom of the dale near the river.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

On 08/03/2023 at 15:22, Cw25 said:

Leigh Miners 22-24 Rochdale Mayfield

London Broncos 26-16 Whitehaven

Orrell St James 6-48 Midlands Hurricanes

Siddal 10-36 Sheffield

Stanningley 14-36 Newcastle

Westgate 18-26 Hunslet ARLFC

Wests Warriors 4-70 Widnes

Barrow 16-17 Swinton

Batley 40-16 Wath Brow

Bradford 42-12 York Acorn

Dewsbury Rams 28-24 Rochdale Hornets

Doncaster 26-27 Workington

Featherstone 34-16 Halifax

Hunslet 22-30 Keighley

Thatto Heath 18-36 North Wales Crusaders

York 42-10 West Bowling

I presume you've looked into the future and seen the results?

Hope so because I've just banged an acca on and stand to win over £27,300 🙂 

• Like 1

Wests 4 Widnes 80 FT. More entertaining than might have been expected, with the crowd showing  appreciation for the commitment of the Wests players, who kept going to the end. A good number of fans following them too.

• Like 1

An okd fashioned winter game at  Orrell St. James.

Snow, freezing rain and plenty of biff.

Both sides had a man sent of from two different incidents and it was down to 10 aside at one point.

Credit to OSJ, their players gave their all and really tested the Hurricanes. 

The welcome from their committee was first class.

• Like 3

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

2 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Couldn't fault West's effort, certainly looked like they'd enjoyed themselves if the after match scenes were anything to go by.

I missed the two teams having their photos taken together at the end - not something you see very often. Great support from the Wests fans.

13 minutes ago, JonM said:

I missed the two teams having their photos taken together at the end - not something you see very often. Great support from the Wests fans.

Check out the Widnes twitter feed, that picture is there plus there's one of Kear and Owens in the West's dressing room exchanging momentoes.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

9 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Check out the Widnes twitter feed, that picture is there plus there's one of Kear and Owens in the West's dressing room exchanging momentoes.

I thought that said tomatoes at first!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bearman said:

An okd fashioned winter game at  Orrell St. James.

Snow, freezing rain and plenty of biff.

Both sides had a man sent of from two different incidents and it was down to 10 aside at one point.

Credit to OSJ, their players gave their all and really tested the Hurricanes. 

The welcome from their committee was first class.

"Proper rugby"

• Thanks 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

4 hours ago, AB Knight said:

I thought that said tomatoes at first!

The game's not that rich.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson