Sat 11-Sun 12 Mar: The Betfred Challenge Cup Third Round Match Thread

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Absolutely picked on merit and I doubt anyone plays at Dewsbury for the money. Born in Dewsbury and supported the team as he grew up.

Has he got shirt number 41 this season?

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Absolutely picked on merit and I doubt anyone plays at Dewsbury for the money. Born in Dewsbury and supported the team as he grew up.

It's definitely in his blood then.

Mark Campbell not too happy over yesterday posting on the Fev fans Facebook page this reply to a comment "Frank iv seen this performance coming over the past month and havent seen any improvement since we beat a poor keithley team rest assured i wont tolerate this "

Might sound good to the fans but to the players and coaching staff that he is addressing on a public forum like that it will be a big no no.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Mark Campbell not too happy over yesterday posting on the Fev fans Facebook page this reply to a comment "Frank iv seen this performance coming over the past month and havent seen any improvement since we beat a poor keithley team rest assured i wont tolerate this "

Might sound good to the fans but to the players and coaching staff that he is addressing on a public forum like that it will be a big no no.

Sounds like more unrest in the camp. Things like that should be kept behind closed doors not plasetered all over a fans page on Facebook.   

• Like 1

Yer can't help yersen can yer lol.

• Haha 1

"Frank iv seen this performance coming over the past month and havent seen any improvement since we beat a poor keithley team rest assured i wont tolerate this "

Is that an exact quote?

I've seen better grammar and spelling from a 6-year-old. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Who are Keithley?.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Is that an exact quote?

Not quite, the swear filter has done its job.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

24 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Is that an exact quote?

I've seen better grammar and spelling from a 6-year-old. 

It is, obviously with the swear word taken off the end. Im a little dyslexic so not too fussed about that side of it just more the point he is making on a public forum that will be seen by his players and coach.

What is the saying? Praise in public, criticize in private. He is one person in RL that I really detest going back to how he treated one of his ex-players who ended up signing for us.

Edited by The Blues Ox
  • Like 2

Completely agree with the point that Mark has made on the Facebook page but 100% agree with the sentiment that those discussions should be had behind closed doors. It just looks tin pot. I put that point to him in response on Facebook but didn't get a reply. I expect I'll be banned from the stadium shortly 😂

• Like 2

Just catching up after yesterdays game. A real good crack from Thatto Heath Crusaders; a well drilled skilful team with some big lads who made good progress through our tackles and never took a backward step. I'm glad we won and don't have to face them again this season!

Lets hope North Wales Crusaders get a decent draw in the next round.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Sounds like more unrest in the camp. Things like that should be kept behind closed doors not plasetered all over a fans page on Facebook.   

One of the criteria IMG set out was interaction on social media so......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tippytoe said:

One of the criteria IMG set out was interaction on social media so......

I'm not sure stand-up arguments with supporters or insulting other clubs counts! Or maybe it does. All publicity is good publicity and all that.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

7 hours ago, gogledd said:

Just catching up after yesterdays game. A real good crack from Thatto Heath Crusaders; a well drilled skilful team with some big lads who made good progress through our tackles and never took a backward step. I'm glad we won and don't have to face them again this season!

We'd be more than happy to host you at Odsal!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gogledd said:

Hoping for a good draw too - we're going to need it to progress!!

I said on another thread that this will be a rebuilding year for us, and I think that Sunday's performance showed exactly that - no disrespect to TH, but with the team we had out there we struggled, whereas last couple of season's squad would have made much easier going of it. But here's hoping for a home tie next round, even if it's got to be played at Widnes again lol

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

3 hours ago, FearNothing said:

I said on another thread that this will be a rebuilding year for us, and I think that Sunday's performance showed exactly that - no disrespect to TH, but with the team we had out there we struggled, whereas last couple of season's squad would have made much easier going of it. But here's hoping for a home tie next round, even if it's got to be played at Widnes again lol

I'd quite like North Wales away.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

8 hours ago, FearNothing said:

I think we have to remember that Thatto Heath Crusaders are one of the top NCL teams. Don't forget in 2019 they beat a stronger team than we had out on Sunday.

I'd take an away game if it resulted in a bigger payday for the Club!

17 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

We'd be more than happy to host you at Odsal!

That would be a great draw. We haven't been to the Top House for a few years now!

6 hours ago, gogledd said:

I think we have to remember that Thatto Heath Crusaders are one of the top NCL teams. Don't forget in 2019 they beat a stronger team than we had out on Sunday.

I'd take an away game if it resulted in a bigger payday for the Club!

D'you really think so?? I didn't think we were that good in 2019, in fact we didn't even make the playoffs that year....

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

On 15/03/2023 at 09:29, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

If we're drawn at home, would it still be the Erias or will they have started work on it by then?

It wouldn't have been able to have been played at Eirias....fortunately we got an away draw at Keighley.

• Thanks 1