Sat 11th Mar: SL: Hull FC v Salford Red Devils KO 15:00 (OurLeague)

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/23 at 15:30

Good win for Salford, tough place to get a result.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Slightly less stressful afternoon than I was expecting as a Salford fan but I'm not complaining!

Big shout out to Rhys Williams today. Doesn't get much of a look in these days when Sio & Budgie are fit but had a hand in a lot of those tries and rarely lets us down. Top pro.👍

• Like 3

PS. That one's for you lot on here who love a snipe at Salford due to crowds, the ground situation, no elite academy etc etc. If you genuinely think Salford offer nothing to SL then I think it says a lot more about you than it does about Salford.

You know who you are.😁👍

UTFRD!!!👹👹👹

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

PS. That one's for you lot on here who love a snipe at Salford due to crowds, the ground situation, no elite academy etc etc. If you genuinely think Salford offer nothing to SL then I think it says a lot more about you than it does about Salford.

You know who you are.😁👍

UTFRD!!!👹👹👹

Get em told pal lol good win for you boys. Shocked when I seen the score 5 mins ago 🫢

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Szymala said:

Is it ? That's the 3rd time in 8 home games since July that Hull have conceded 60 points.

Might have been having a bit of fun.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

30 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

You know who you are.😁👍

UTFRD!!!👹👹👹

Regardless of what they do or don't offer the game, there's no doubting they play an attractive brand of Rugby League.

What do Salford bring to SL?

Entertainment.

I am an old timer who watched Swinton in the 1960s when the wonderful Cliff Evans was Coaching with moves from Swinton`s own 25. 

Rowley thinks the same way and has done away with driving props.   Would guess Hull were a stone aman heavier than Salford today and Rowleyball worked again.

• Like 2

Positives: my 3 year old enjoys coming and waited until the end so she could sing Old Faithful despite being freezing. Loves having photos with the Girlie Bird. 

Unfortunately, when she realises more about the quality of the team she'll quickly want to go home far earlier!

Absolute shambolic defence taken advantage of by superb Salford attack. Some of those tries needed finishing and they did it in style. Congrats to them.

A clear out needs to happen very quickly.

• Like 5
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

16 minutes ago, Segovia Carpet said:

What do Salford bring to SL?

Entertainment.

I am an old timer who watched Swinton in the 1960s when the wonderful Cliff Evans was Coaching with moves from Swinton`s own 25. 

Rowley thinks the same way and has done away with driving props.   Would guess Hull were a stone aman heavier than Salford today and Rowleyball worked again.

Of course the question shouldn't be asked about any side  in SL

That lions side was a cracker to watch and Cliff Evans great coach and good bloke.

I think Rowleyball is a breath of fresh air after many years of same old same old which was good in it's own way But I can't get enough of this style.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

20 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Positives: my 3 year old enjoys coming and waited until the end so she could sing Old Faithful despite being freezing. Loves having photos with the Girlie Bird. 

Unfortunately, when she realises more about the quality of the team she'll quickly want to go home far earlier!

Absolute shambolic defence taken advantage of by superb Salford attack. Some of those tries needed finishing and they did it in style. Congrats to them.

A clear out needs to happen very quickly.

Who needs clearing out and who replaces them?

1 hour ago, SalfordSlim said:

That Lafai try was majestic. The running lines, timing of the pass etc

Don't get me wrong Hull have been dreadful but some superb execution from a Salford perspective.

I think you've summed it up in a sentence although 'dreadful' is probably being kind.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

Salford by plenty

Indeed.

Not sure where to start with the post-mortem of that, right up there with one of the worst defensive displays I’ve ever seen from a Hull FC side.

Salford were sublime though, an absolute joy to watch at times. Every player looked so confident and the offloads never seemed to stop.

As disappointed as I am, I’m chuffed for Tonyxiii and the other Salford lot on here, I’d love them to make a serious charge towards winning the GF, would be fantastic.

Now off to sulk for a bit. Or maybe even a lot.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 09/03/2023 at 08:37, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Rob, it seems it doesn't matter who the coach is at your place it seems it is in the DNA of the club to throw a wobbly one in when things are looking up,

Just as much as I suggested earlier in the week, there is something drastically wrong at Hull FC, experienced coach comes in, plenty of movement in the transfer market but the same old same old keeps rearing it's ugly head, hopefully and from a personal viewpoint it keeps on till the 23rd.

As well as Salford perform, a professional team to concede 60 points is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Indeed.

Not sure where to start with the post-mortem of that, right up there with one of the worst defensive displays I’ve ever seen from a Hull FC side.

Salford were sublime though, an absolute joy to watch at times. Every player looked so confident and the offloads never seemed to stop.

As disappointed as I am, I’m chuffed for Tonyxiii and the other Salford lot on here, I’d love them to make a serious charge towards winning the GF, would be fantastic.

Cheers OF. We have had plenty of disappointments over the years. More than Hull, I would suggest. We still haven't won anything big since 1973. But days like this keep us Reds fans enthused and wanting more.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Indeed.

Not worth sulking about, mate. I enjoy the wins when they come along but these days I've become immune to displays like today. Rightly or wrongly it just doesn't bother me anymore. I just keep turning up, waiting patiently for the day we finally get to grips with it as a club.

Agree about Salford, they're just a great team to watch these days. 

Edited by Ullman
  • Like 4

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Tippytoe said:

Who needs clearing out and who replaces them?

If I knew that, I'd be the coach.

For this to happen so consistently over so many years with so many different coaches means there's something inherently wrong at the club. No club with the budget we have and the access to the resources we have should perform so abysmally on so many occasions. 

I'm hoping an actual experienced coach like Smith can put his finger on it and make the drastic changes needed, even if this year is a bit of a bust.

• Like 3
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg