Fri 10th Mar: SL: Leigh Leopards v St Helens KO 20:00

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/23 at 20:30

16 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

You’d be very worried for 2024 as a saints fan? Goodness, everyone else must be petrified then! It’s already a success for us after the WCC.

Teams are clearly looking to get us out wide and with all our back rows out (Batchelor, Sione, Sironen) and absences in the centres (Hurrell and Hopoate) it will be a bit makeshift on the edges.  I reckon Leigh will get a lot of joy out wide and it will be very close.

Should be a good game, sounds like a big travelling support again so will be a great atmosphere again.

You still have Percy in the centres, a player who in my opinion does not recieve the accolades he warrants, why is that?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Considering how rubbish Leigh have been previously in SL, i would have expected St Helens to win 4 of the last 3 visits to the LSV !!😂

In seriousness though, I don't remember any landslides.

2005 Saints definitely put a big score on, 2017 was something like round three and Keiron Cunningham’s infamous “I could sense that they were overawed by playing Leigh” and 2021 was a win, though wasn’t an absolute landslide. 

It’s certainly not Wakefield mid to late 00’s. That was a real bogey ground for Saints. 

Just hope The Leopards don't change their spots from their late win at Rervers and they can build on the win or otherwise it's The Leotards from now on.

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

2 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

You’d be very worried for 2024 as a saints fan? Goodness, everyone else must be petrified then! It’s already a success for us after the WCC.

Teams are clearly looking to get us out wide and with all our back rows out (Batchelor, Sione, Sironen) and absences in the centres (Hurrell and Hopoate) it will be a bit makeshift on the edges.  I reckon Leigh will get a lot of joy out wide and it will be very close.

Should be a good game, sounds like a big travelling support again so will be a great atmosphere again.

My point is that without Roby there seemed to be a lack of discipline in the Leeds game ...t***ing kickers late isn't something I associate with Saints, the same with the petulance from players after issues etc (what on earth Hurrel had to be unhappy about I have no idea....he should have been ashamed of himself not angry with anyone). Matautuia is a liability without a strong leader 

On a separate worry Warmsley is looking old.....he got bossed by young Sangare. Also Rhys pushing him out of the way on the line wouldn't have happened last year 

As you say you've won the WCC (and I was cheering for you) so it's a great start to the season but I won't hide the fact that I hope your dominance is ending ....makes things more exciting for us and potentially new fans 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

53 minutes ago, Jughead said:

2005 Saints definitely put a big score on, 2017 was something like round three and Keiron Cunningham’s infamous “I could sense that they were overawed by playing Leigh” and 2021 was a win, though wasn’t an absolute landslide. 

It’s certainly not Wakefield mid to late 00’s. That was a real bogey ground for Saints. 

Just looked it up, and you're right. I'd forgotten / erased from my mind, the game Saints put 70 on towards the end of the 05 season. Probably just blended into a series of thrashings we were being handed to us by then. The other game between the two sides at Hilton Park earlier that season was much closer, with Leigh ahead at half time. (Fact that Saints started Jamie Lyon and Keiron Cunningham on the bench would've helped with that!)

11 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

My point is that without Roby there seemed to be a lack of discipline in the Leeds game ...t***ing kickers late isn't something I associate with Saints, the same with the petulance from players after issues etc (what on earth Hurrel had to be unhappy about I have no idea....he should have been ashamed of himself not angry with anyone). Matautuia is a liability without a strong leader 

Sione and Sironen spent long spells banned last year playing alongside Roby; they need to sort themsleves out whether he's on the pitch or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

I think Roby is more important to Saints than the three banned players combined. Saints win comfortably if he plays

Time for Ipape to stand up and exhibit the belief that he is going to take the SL by storm, he won't get a bigger test than getting the better of Roby.

• Like 1