Fri 10th Mar: SL: Leigh Leopards v St Helens KO 20:00

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/23 at 20:30

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Padge the Oracle, you can take Mystic Megs place  ow that she has just passed away.  I still think that we are a bit light on numbers with 27 players, I would keep Shorrocks though in an instance if Wigan would let us, he performed far better than some who ran out at the DW last night.

But thanks for your sentiments.

Every Wigan supporter I speak to say's our forwards are light and skilless, and I agree. We have pack of cards not a pack of forwards.

If I could be @r$3d to find the quote, but I can't. it would put it in context.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 08/03/2023 at 18:38, Snowys Backside said:

Saints don’t like Leigh away, and like the HKR match, I’m dated at predictions. 

Leigh by 8. 

Wished I had put my money on my own prediction instead of Warrington letting me down by exactly the score on a 4 way accumulator they won by.

Now, what odds would I have for that bearing in mind we had 12 start ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Well done leigh, next week should be a cracker. Big crowd, 2 sides on form. GET YOUR TICKETS. 

Already have mine.

I will be in Stocky Heath at 4pm and walking up to the HJ  (but walking into the packed away end !!!)

Your right though, I can see a crowd of 13-14k on (weather permitting)

• Like 1

Well, what a result. I think we were by far the better team on the night and I think Saints could count themselves lucky in the first half to be 12-0 up at halftime. Leighs pack were all over St's all game but some poor errors in attack gifted Saints the territory that a team as clinical as them just couldn't pass up. Once Leigh started completing sets Saints didn't look even close to scoring in the second half. Saints looked very lethargic and the WCC hangover was definitely still in effect.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Wished I had put my money on my own prediction instead of Warrington letting me down by exactly the score on a 4 way accumulator they won by.

Now, what odds would I have for that bearing in mind we had 12 start ?

I managed 3/1 straight win and covered the bet with 10 start at evens - a brilliant night was had all round

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Pleased for Leigh tonight.....must have been a brilliant atmosphere amongst the freezing cold Leythers there tonight

It really was! I listened to the game on BBC Radio Manchester, it sounded superb. The partisan crowd produced an incredible atmosphere  and at the end the Leigh fans were singing like drunken sailors on shore leave!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Moment of the night 

Smallest player on the pitch Edwin nailing Walmsley all on his own , BOOM 

It was a great hit but i wouldn't say Edwin is small Steve. Hes like granite !!

I like Walmsley, but he didn't like it !!

7 hours ago, daz39 said:

Who can stop the Saints we were asked, well everyone it seems is the answer

Does this mean Leigh are now World Champions?

Fantastic result. Just what they and the league needed.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, daz39 said:

Wow ! Well done Jag-pards

Who can stop the Saints we were asked, well everyone it seems is the answer

Im particularly happy for derek beaumont who is the dynamic and charismatic leader that every team needs

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Does this mean Leigh are now World Champions?

Sadly I think it's the Rhinos currently.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Sadly I think it's the Rhinos currently.

Ah yes.

Well, it would be dull if Leigh had nothing left to conquer.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I bet red vee forum see it differently;-)

To be fair they were more open minded than ever before, accepting Leigh's better play, but seeing problems with their side. 

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Padge the Oracle, you can take Mystic Megs place  ow that she has just passed away.  I still think that we are a bit light on numbers with 27 players, I would keep Shorrocks though in an instance if Wigan would let us, he performed far better than some who ran out at the DW last night.

But thanks for your sentiments.

Has Shorrocks actually impressed? I had a feeling Lam signed him purely for his utility value but the utility tag is always a bit of a misnomer as he's played multiple positions and only ever played well in one, which is loose forward, where he's very impressive.

10 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

Has Shorrocks actually impressed? I had a feeling Lam signed him purely for his utility value but the utility tag is always a bit of a misnomer as he's played multiple positions and only ever played well in one, which is loose forward, where he's very impressive.

He was very I impressive last night Eagle perhaps a new environment is doing him good, if Matty Peet watches this game he will bring him back, looked far more commited and energetic than most of your forwards on display on Thursday, you mention loose forward I would put him above Smithies I think I have seen enough of Smithies to make an opinion, he is like a throwback to an old Wigan Favourite for me being Ian Potter the lad is not to bad in defence but there is more Rugby League abillity in a table leg, not what is required in todays game, in Potters time you could get away with it.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 3