Rams v Rochdale=CC R3

horbury ram

Will the weather play a part? If so the strongest pack and best kicking game will prevail.

Given the history of matches between our clubs I would hesitate to make a prediction but, in reality, we should be able to win this one. I hope for a decent turnout but, once again, must offer apologies for my absence.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Nobody else sticking their neck out on this one, then?

(I won't criticise you NickD, honest!)

🙄

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well not too far off with 30-12. How we managed to concede when they were down to 11 not sure. 

But some great performances and LF judged it well to leave out Ferguson and Sykes.

Didn't realise Brad Graham had got a hat trick. Thought Day, Butterworth, Beckett, Greensmith, Graham stood out and Bailey O'Connor looks like he could be very useful.

• Like 1

Those around us queried the changes, or perhaps, more the lack of experienced players, but it paid off. LF did suggest that O’Connor will be a standout for us in the near future. I agree with WR on our top players today, but I just wonder if Butterworth tried a bit too much. Beckett ran well and Davies knows how to tackle.

I was a bit worried when Rochdale scored their three tries, bit of a trembling few minutes there. Did we switch off, or did the Hornets have nothing to lose and went for it when down to 11 men?

It wasn’t our best performance, but a victory nonetheless. We really must play better if we are to overcome Workington next week.

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

12 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Those around us queried the changes, or perhaps, more the lack of experienced players, but it paid off. LF did suggest that O’Connor will be a standout for us in the near future. I agree with WR on our top players today, but I just wonder if Butterworth tried a bit too much. Beckett ran well and Davies knows how to tackle.

I was a bit worried when Rochdale scored their three tries, bit of a trembling few minutes there. Did we switch off, or did the Hornets have nothing to lose and went for it when down to 11 men?

It wasn’t our best performance, but a victory nonetheless. We really must play better if we are to overcome Workington next week.

Should have included Connor Davies as well, was strong on attack and defence for 80 minutes.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the game yesterday apart from our little lapse in the second half. I think it was a bit of both as us not fully with it for that period, but Rochdale had nothing to lose and slung the ball around which should be a wake up call. Imagine if they had played with the same spirit from minute 1!

Greensmith was my MoM. 

Such a shame some of the super league sides won't be in the mix for the next 2 draws. It would be great to have had the chance to have one of them at home filling the ground.  

Edited by muddyfunster
  • Like 1

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

Good performance yesterday apart from a silly 15/20 minute’s,especially when they went down to 11 men. Liam made a few changes due to bumps and bruises,should be back this week apart from Louis Collison who a broken thumb. We don’t seem to have a problem scoring tries keeping them out seems to be a problem,we’re conceding too many soft tries and eventually we will be punished for it. Anyway onto Workington away,for me our biggest test so far. Just watched their highlights from the Doncaster game yesterday and the like to throw the ball around.

10 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Not a criticism but there's a big gap between Championship and League One. 

I’d say a massive gap and that’s why we’re in this league,we just couldn’t compete not just last season but last 3 or 4. Hopefully come straight back up stronger both physically and mentally. We’ll see a long way to go yet.

Hope to see a few of you at the Town this Sunday .Are you gunning for promotion this season ? Think as far as Town are concerned i would prefer another season in Div 1 . Unless you have the finances for the Championship , its really tough as we found out last year .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Hope to see a few of you at the Town this Sunday .Are you gunning for promotion this season ? Think as far as Town are concerned i would prefer another season in Div 1 . Unless you have the finances for the Championship , its really tough as we found out last year .

There is a real danger of staying in this league. Clubs could get forgotten or written off, not just by the easy target of the RFL but by their own lapsed supporters.

We MUST get back into the Championship, and stay there.

• Like 4

On 14/03/2023 at 13:09, ivans82 said:

Should be healthy contingent of Dewsbury fans alot more than in recent times anyway hope for good game may the best team wins 

• Like 1

On 14/03/2023 at 13:09, ivans82 said:

Quite a few travelling for the game,filled a coach and a few going in there cars. Unfortunately I won’t be there as I’ve got a prior engagement this weekend. This should be a good game against a team that are playing some attractive rugby from what I’ve seen of your highlights,very unlucky against Doncaster last Sunday.