IMG Grading Unveiled

27 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Nah, you’re alright cockle. 

Oh look - totally incorrect, what a shock

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Always enjoy the spin on stuff like this. Mick Gledhill stating that 'only' eight of the 13 Champ clubs voted in favour. That's a pretty strong endorsement tbh, and twice as many Champ clubs voted in favour as voted against.

Gledhill is currently spouting that the reason the Sky TV deal was lowered was categorically because the Super8s were dropped, basically he's a muppet.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yup.

A majority across all three divisions is pretty conclusive aint it?

It certainly is. A strong enough mandate to crack on and ignore any grumbles that will inevitably surface over the next years. 

At the same time, having got the structure they wanted, it's now over to IMG to deliver what they've promised in the areas that really matter - digital, branding and broadcast. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Fev statement, voted no on one minor detail around P&R.  Supportive of the overall deal.

Really shorted sighted and lumps us in with the awkward squad like Keighley.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/board-statement-img-vote-gA3Nh/

At least they are being really clear as to why they voted the way they did and not going full baby out with bath water that others want to do.

• Like 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

28 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

They abstained probably on the basis they are not operational 

27 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Abstaining is not a no vote

22 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yep, if WWR abstained, it seems like the entirely right thing to do.

Agreed, but they voted against from what I read. Hence my comment on their brass neck

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Fev statement, voted no on one minor detail around P&R.  Supportive of the overall deal.

Really shorted sighted and lumps us in with the awkward squad like Keighley.

It seems like a balanced statement, very different from the Keighley position.

Logical for Fev to vote that way, in that if it had not been passed they could have gone back and said we'll vote in favour in a second vote if you address our single concern.

Surprised more didn't do the same, not that it would have mattered anyway given the overall vote.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzer90 said:

Begs the question, why hasn't this issue been addressed by IMG?

Surely it should be fairly straight-forward, no?...

Because they don't want to. They prefer to have the grade Bs selected for Superleague by holistic assessment, rather than who's top of the table.

And given the scale of the vote in favour they obviously didn't need to give way on this point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Barrow, Batley, Featherstone and Keighley were against in the Champ. Whitehaven abstained. Hunslet, Dewsbury and Skolars against in L1 and West Wales abstaining. 

No real surprises barring Skolars, for me. 

Do you know who voted against in SL? Was it Cas? 

On 17/04/2023 at 13:34, DI Keith Fowler said:

It absolutely wasn't, can you provide some evidence please. The only thing that has changed is some of the weightings and categories. From when they announced it to now it has always been the clubs with the highest B gradings making up the remaining Super League places. That's why we've had months of debate on "what if the bottom two in SL have more points than the top two in the Championship" or "what if a category A team finishes bottom" etc. 

Certainly appears to have been the case:

Edited by Roughyed Rats

7 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Barrow, Batley, Featherstone and Keighley were against in the Champ. Whitehaven abstained. Hunslet, Dewsbury and Skolars against in L1 and West Wales abstaining. 

No real surprises barring Skolars, for me. 

Where did you read that? TRL reported:

Hunslet, Dewsbury Rams and West Wales Raiders from League One voted against, with Whitehaven, Keighley Cougars, Batley Bulldogs and Featherstone Rovers doing the same in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Hunslet, Dewsbury Rams and West Wales Raiders from League One voted against, with Whitehaven, Keighley Cougars, Batley Bulldogs and Featherstone Rovers doing the same in the Championship.

John Davidson has said so on social media. 

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

For a sport with as many leaks as RL it says something about the quality of the journalism that they can't even agree on who voted what way.

Some of the stories I've seen with the click bait headlines suggest that it is an absolute travesty that this vote has happened, not that it passed by such a huge margin. Hopefully the journalism will be something that maybe IMG can look at as it is something that I think does seem poor on whole (with some notable exceptions).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

This is my favourite part of this whole episode. 

The voting and reporting of it, is so rugby league.

Clubs not turning up, clubs voting the wrong way accidentally, clubs advising they didn't have the information required and then the wrong reporting of events afterwards. Totally shambolic and unprofessional.

This whole episode alone shows why we need IMG!!!!!!!!!

• Like 8

It's utterly wild that Catalans aren't allowed to vote but random League 1 expansion teams with 50 fans can.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.