Club Grading Predictions

A’s - Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Catalans, FC, KR, Warrington. 

Maybe Huddersfield, too. 

Salford, Cas, Wakefield, Leigh, Toulouse (and possibly Hudds) to be B’s. 

Everyone else C ya later*. 

* This is a joke before someone moans about killing little clubs or whatever. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

York a fairly strong B. Hopefully the club can set up Knights and Valkyrie academies to get towards an A.

I think that is a fair assesment of where York are likely to end up. Comfortably above 10 say, but not yet close enough to that important 15.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

I think that is a fair assesment of where York are likely to end up. Comfortably above 10 say, but not yet close enough to that important 15.

Ten?! They’ll be lucky to get 7, as will most if not all Championship clubs.

Edited by Jughead
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Only Toulouse to be above the current SL clubs based on geography historical performance and cash. 

Fev have to get promoted this year or its over but I think every club bar Toulouse outside SL are going to vote against the highest points . And now Wakey know that the stadium counts for very little I don’t see them in favour either. 

Bulls with the awful ground fail, someone at council might see that even a basic non hole of a ground and they jump Salford. 

You're deluded...and obsessed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Only Toulouse to be above the current SL clubs based on geography historical performance and cash. 

Fev have to get promoted this year or its over but I think every club bar Toulouse outside SL are going to vote against the highest points . And now Wakey know that the stadium counts for very little I don’t see them in favour either. 

Bulls with the awful ground fail, someone at council might see that even a basic non hole of a ground and they jump Salford. 

??? Stadium is 15%.

Wakey will score full points for the primacy, LED floodlights and big screen, and some points for facilities and utilisation (this could very good for them in the assessment year).

Wigan, Hudds, HFC, Salford can't score any points for utilisation or primacy.

There's a hell a lot of guesswork going on.

London Broncos will score 5/20 and will be a Championship/L1 side.

What surprised me (in a nice way) was that IMG have only allocated 25% of the 100% to the "what ifs" and are counting the major points on the "now".

This would explain why London Broncos decided to suddenly trying to engage with fans after a dozen or so years of ignoring them, but does pose the question as to the viability of the Wimbledon move, given they score badly in that section not being the major tenant nor having a big screen and only using the stadium on matchdays, with their offices being in Richmond and their other sides training at west London Union grounds.

It certainly is an interesting time to be a Rugby League fan!

3 hours ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

London Broncos will score 5/20 and will be a Championship/L1 side.

What surprised me (in a nice way) was that IMG have only allocated 25% of the 100% to the "what ifs" and are counting the major points on the "now".

This would explain why London Broncos decided to suddenly trying to engage with fans after a dozen or so years of ignoring them, but does pose the question as to the viability of the Wimbledon move, given they score badly in that section not being the major tenant nor having a big screen and only using the stadium on matchdays, with their offices being in Richmond and their other sides training at west London Union grounds.

It certainly is an interesting time to be a Rugby League fan!

I think Skolars are within a couple of points of the Broncos and might be the #1 ranked London club by 2025 if their new investors game the system.

2 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I think Skolars are within a couple of points of the Broncos and might be the #1 ranked London club by 2025 if their new investors game the system.

The new investors need to do some new investing. Not even that appears to have happened yet.

You're right though. The millions spaffed away on the excellent tactic of reducing the crowds and altering which landlord the club pays rent to every couple of years is going to be reflected in a low, low score.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The new investors need to do some new investing. Not even that appears to have happened yet.

You're right though. The millions spaffed away on the excellent tactic of reducing the crowds and altering which landlord the club pays rent to every couple of years is going to be reflected in a low, low score.

True and true.

8 hours ago, dboy said:

??? Stadium is 15%.

Wakey will score full points for the primacy, 

Primacy is only 0.25.

The quality of the venue 1.5.

Primacy of the venue will be of little help when the venue is a dump they acknowledge needs to be replaced.

So long as a club has a strong rental agreement there is very little value in primacy. Ä°n the NRL, only a handful of clubs have sole use of their venue.

Could you imagine negating the Broncos, Eels, Dolphins, Warriors, Roosters, South's, Melbourne, Bulldogs etc? 

Edited by Ä°zmir Rugby League
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ä°zmir Rugby League said:

Could you imagine negating the Broncos, Eels, Dolphins, Warriors, Roosters, South's, Melbourne, Bulldogs etc? 

Primacy of tenure doesn't mean exclusive use. It means you get first control of it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, dboy said:

??? Stadium is 15%.

Wakey will score full points for the primacy, LED floodlights and big screen, and some points for facilities and utilisation (this could very good for them in the assessment year).

Wigan, Hudds, HFC, Salford can't score any points for utilisation or primacy.

There's a hell a lot of guesswork going on.

Huddersfield are joint owners of their stadium unlike the others

11 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Performance can hardly be described as spectacular, Geography is good (but only worth 2 points), stadium will let them down, it not being theirs which limits non-rugby use and income. Weren't they struggling to raise the funds to repay debt recently? Not sure they're as cashed up as you think.

I see them as a middling "B" for now but with plenty to work on with a good potential to move up. 

Having read the stuff on RL site it states clubs will get their grading confirmed by the end of July. Then their grades will dictate who gets promotion/relegated for the following season, so that's next season 2024.

However on their imaginary league chart, it seems to suggest promotion is based solely on the grade achieved and not on games won or lost. Am I reading this correct, if so I can't really see any championship club getting a sufficient score to push a SL club out.  

Can anyone help clarify or confirm this please.

4 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Having read the stuff on RL site it states clubs will get their grading confirmed by the end of July. Then their grades will dictate who gets promotion/relegated for the following season, so that's next season 2024.

However on their imaginary league chart, it seems to suggest promotion is based solely on the grade achieved and not on games won or lost. Am I reading this correct, if so I can't really see any championship club getting a sufficient score to push a SL club out.  

Can anyone help clarify or confirm this please.

On field performance is only a maximum of 5 of the 20 available points. There's still more detail to come, but it's been hinted that winning a competition (league, cup, sundeck cup) gets you bonus points. 

I'd imagine that to score the maximum of 5, you'd need to at a minimum get to the SL playoffs and/or win the cup. If there's a bonus point for winning the championship, it's not inconceivable that the team that does could score more than the bottom team in SL.