Dan Sarginson leaves Salford

The last Salford spoke about him he was out with an 'unspecified illness' and was out indefinitely (https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/salford-red-devils-star-out-26035858). So if he does pop up somewhere else it's possible there's been some behind the scenes falling out gone on.

Applegarth was talking about a new signing at Wakefield, maybe this is it? 

28 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

he came to Salford to finish his studies, no idea if he has.

I can't remember the last game he played.

He was involved in that wonderful Brodie Croft try at home against Saints last year. Think that was his last game. 

On 10/03/2023 at 13:15, LeytherRob said:

The last Salford spoke about him he was out with an 'unspecified illness' and was out indefinitely (https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/salford-red-devils-star-out-26035858). So if he does pop up somewhere else it's possible there's been some behind the scenes falling out gone on.

I suspect 'something else'.....he has struggled with various things in the past

Wishing him all the best though...a southern accent lost from the SL 😞

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Sad 1

Always had time for Sarge, when I heard he was ill and unavailable I hoped for a speedy recovery. Wish him well in the future.

I'll say no more on this issue.

• Like 3

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 11/03/2023 at 06:26, DG70 said:

Quality player on his day, Salfords squad is already paper thin so they will surely look to replace him.

I'm sure Saints would be happy to let you take Hopoate off their hands for free 😁

Can someone tell Applegarth he can also play FB if they're still looking for one !!!

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Just now, lucky 7 said:

I was hoping he would return to the London Broncos to give them a shot in the arm

I think that would've been great, I'm not sure what shape he might be in to be honest.

I really hope he's ok and the game looks after him. He had a really tough time at Wigan when his brother died and he looks to have had his own struggles with mental health. The lad is fearless on the field, throwing his body around and I always felt he was underrated at our place. He should've played fullback and not centre throughout his career but his teams always seemed to have an established fullback already. 

All the best to him going forward. It's a brave decision and he can hopefully use his own experience and struggles to help others, as he seems to want to do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Sarge retiring with immediate effect.

Pleased to see he'll be cheering Salford on from the sidelines. Having a Perth born Londoner on the terraces boosts the club's Fandom and Catchment criteria in the new IMG gradings.

thats very sad news for Sarginson.. 

equally it wont help them at all if he has the wrong postcode on his season ticket... he'll need to make sure hes registered at his parents address (i'm starting to see "school catchment area" type scenario appearing for this.. where do you say you live again? how many nights a week? which bus will you get to school then?)

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, daz39 said:

I'd actually genuinely forgot about him, wonder where he will end up? too good for Wakefield so probably Leigh.

I'll repeat daz, he's left RL altogether.