Big Announcement

Roughyed Rats

1 hour ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Apparently a big announcement next week (see Grading discussion) and moving to BP next season is only a part of it. Anyone heard anything?

I feel for the whingers.

They are going to be gutted! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, jroyales said:

BP and a millionaire to get us into sooperdooperleeg!

But the whingers keep telling us theyd never have us at BP and no one would be interested in buying us. Rugby League is dead in this town isnt it? 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, herbie said:

But the whingers keep telling us theyd never have us at BP and no one would be interested in buying us. Rugby League is dead in this town isnt it? 

If we really do get bought and move to BP, I can’t tell you how happy I’d be. Can that really be the announcement? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

Can but hope. It would be great if the council helped sport in the town like how councils help clubs in other towns.

Just think where the £12,00,000 Frank Rothwell spent on bailing out the Latics, good luck to them, would have taken us.

Well the council bailed out the old club by buying Watersheddings. The new club was allowed to play at Boundary Park due to the council intervention. The council bought the Whitebank Stadium for us to use. I am really not sure what more they are supposed to do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, AmigoTopping said:

Well the council bailed out the old club by buying Watersheddings. The new club was allowed to play at Boundary Park due to the council intervention. The council bought the Whitebank Stadium for us to use. I am really not sure what more they are supposed to do. 

I'm pretty certain it wasn't as straight forward as you make out.  I think it could be argued that the council acted as an intermediary in the sale of watersheddings. Someone made quite a bit of money up there.  Now whether it was just the builder I don't know. But I can't see the council forking out, if they did then it was repayed when the builder took over. The deal with latics was , if I recollect, on the proviso of stadium 2000 being built. So when you say you're not sure of what more they could have done, well there's that right there. The council voted it down. As for whitebank? It was untenable.  I don't think the council lost out too much, if at all, as Avro bought it, or are renting it, from them.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Roughyed Rats said:

If we really do get bought and move to BP, I can’t tell you how happy I’d be. Can that really be the announcement? 

As a widnes fan and a long standing rugby league supporter, id be delighted to see this happen

Oldham, whitehaven and swinton fans are the loyalest in world rugby league

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, herbie said:

Looks like everything is lining up.

Sale of BP to go through

Council to pay for new pitch on proviso we play there

New owners or investors come forward on our return to BP 

I remember a while back, Ginny Alexander, when she was mayor,v saying that her objective was exactly as you outlined.  So maybe she got the ball rolling. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

I said to someone earlier, are we looking to new horizons for another false dawn. Hope i am wrong but feel we may not get what we want Suspect this is likely to be more about a new pitch

Dennyroughyed, on the grading post , stated that he's heard that it's a move to BP. The announcement is 10 am on Wednesday. If I've not heard by 10 am and 30 seconds I will be most frustrated!!!

• Like 3