Big Announcement

Roughyed Rats

27 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Dennyroughyed, on the grading post , stated that he's heard that it's a move to BP. The announcement is 10 am on Wednesday. If I've not heard by 10 am and 30 seconds I will be most frustrated!!!

There is an announcement planned by the council at 10am Wednesday. However, dennyroughyed also said that was just one element as well? 

3 minutes ago, jroyales said:

I'm not too sure what you mean RR.

On the grading discussion dennyroughyed posted the quote below. Seems to suggest something more than just a BP move?

‘Understand a BIG announcement will be made soon, hopefully Monday, an element of which will be playing at Boundary Park next season onwards’

It's the old drip drip method. Although frustrating there is reason behind it. Announcing this £25k first allows it get out there and allows the council to gain some credence, for a few days at least. It also allows us time to show the RFL that we ,as a town, are committed to 'community' rugby. So whatever announcements are due next won't bury the £25k in the background.

• Like 1

Very good news about the Melrose grant for all parties concerned, including the councillors concerned, who will, quite rightly, be able to include it in their election addresses in May. It is part of their role to get whatever is in the central pot to their wards 

I doubt it should be conflated with what will be announced by at OMBC tomorrow. If the council is trumpeting a big announcement on the Wednesday, the rugby wouldn't be allowed to spring it 48 hours earlier.

My hopes are that:

1 Latics ground sale has gone through. It has been quiet enough on that front to assume that something is afoot.

2 That a new pitch at Boundary Park, possibly 4G, is being financed.

3 That the rugby are instated at BP with long term tenancy.

4 That there is significant investment in both clubs coming, and in the facility at Boundary Park, to provide the sporting hub that the town needs.

If that happens, and it is some wish list, then a generation of decay in the town's professional sporting infrastructure may be coming to an end. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Bert Street said:

Very good news about the Melrose grant for all parties concerned, including the councillors concerned, who will, quite rightly, be able to include it in their election addresses in May. It is part of their role to get whatever is in the central pot to their wards 

I doubt it should be conflated with what will be announced by at OMBC tomorrow. If the council is trumpeting a big announcement on the Wednesday, the rugby wouldn't be allowed to spring it 48 hours earlier.

My hopes are that:

1 Latics ground sale has gone through. It has been quiet enough on that front to assume that something is afoot.

2 That a new pitch at Boundary Park, possibly 4G, is being financed.

3 That the rugby are instated at BP with long term tenancy.

4 That there is significant investment in both clubs coming, and in the facility at Boundary Park, to provide the sporting hub that the town needs.

If that happens, and it is some wish list, then a generation of decay in the town's professional sporting infrastructure may be coming to an end. 

Can't see it being a 4g pitch. Although allowed at current level, when latics are promoted it would have to be replaced with grass.

As Oldham have always been my "second" team let's all hope for good news - except I can't see Latics having a G4 pitch installed as I understand they are not allowed in the EFL which would rule out any hopes of promotion from the National League which is surely the target for OAFC.

On 11/03/2023 at 16:05, Logic said:

According to the Oldham Council social media sources, a big announcement with regard to sport in the town, will be made at 10am on Wednesday, 15th March.

Was this the half marathon news? When is the real announcement happening I wonder?

12 minutes ago, tandle said:

come on roughyed rats you started all this nonsense off kindly explain.

and when i said no chance you and herbie laughed at me.

not laughing now are you 

Come on tandle keep up, Roughyed rats didn't start it, Denny Roughyed did in the Grading post. When you say "no chance", do you mean never ever or do you mean something else? If you mean never ever you actually deserve a laugh. There are indicators that suggest we will be moving to BP, Ginny Alexander stated this was her aim when mayor and Frank rothwell has said he would like this to happen. 😐

• Like 3

"he said he would like it to happen" WHEN?

Something needs to happen, and quickly before all of the aging supporters have passed away.

With no concessions for these loyal supporters it makes you think if the club realises that it is the aging supporters that have kept this club alive.

43 minutes ago, tandle said:

come on roughyed rats you started all this nonsense off kindly explain.

and when i said no chance you and herbie laughed at me.

not laughing now are you 

Not sure I started anything off Tandle and there was no laughing at you from me.......a bit early to be on the sauce isn't it? 🤣 (now I'm laughing)

• Like 1