Big Announcement

Roughyed Rats

Just now, Roughyed Rats said:

Not sure I started anything off Tandle and there was no laughing at you from me.......a bit early to be on the sauce isn't it? 🤣 (now I'm laughing)

your post monday @ 17- 08 hrs started all this off. unless you have forgot

10 minutes ago, tandle said:

your post monday @ 17- 08 hrs started all this off. unless you have forgot

Actually, I was simply referring to an earlier post from @Dennyroughyed as has already been pointed out to you. Interestingly, he still believes that there will be a move to BP and this is 'just one element' of a big announcement he still believes will be made soon. Perhaps you moved into gloating mode a little prematurely. Hope you are OK nevertheless. 

• Like 1

hi roughyed no way will oldham rugby ever play at boundary park under the stewardship of ch.

firstly he cant afford it.

secondly he as a lovely little business going at white bank which he as run for 26 years.

sole owner does not answer to any one and makes a nice living from it.

he tried it at boundary park once before and d not work out well. enough said about that.

he is in his comfort zone  at white bank and there he will stay.

and i do not blame him one iota  for this and good luck to him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tandle said:

hi roughyed no way will oldham rugby ever play at boundary park under the stewardship of ch.

firstly he cant afford it.

secondly he as a lovely little business going at white bank which he as run for 26 years.

sole owner does not answer to any one and makes a nice living from it.

he tried it at boundary park once before and d not work out well. enough said about that.

he is in his comfort zone  at white bank and there he will stay.

and i do not blame him one iota  for this and good luck to him

Nice summary of the club's current situation Tandle. 

As frustrating as the delay in announcing the changes is I expect this is a result of ensuring all  elements of the deal are signed, sealed and can be delivered upon before announcing. Afraid I have no idea as to when the announcement will be made. That said the contracts impacting the club have been agreed and signed but there may be other aspects of the announcement still being worked on?

I would be very surprised if the announcement was slipped out via twitter or similar. I would expect a press conference which again takes time to arrange, align and schedule.

Keep the faith.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dennyroughyed said:

As frustrating as the delay in announcing the changes is I expect this is a result of ensuring all  elements of the deal are signed, sealed and can be delivered upon before announcing. Afraid I have no idea as to when the announcement will be made. That said the contracts impacting the club have been agreed and signed but there may be other aspects of the announcement still being worked on?

I would be very surprised if the announcement was slipped out via twitter or similar. I would expect a press conference which again takes time to arrange, align and schedule.

Keep the faith.

Thanks for the post @Dennyroughyed faith (blind probably) is the only thing many of us still cling onto. Here's hoping that things progress quickly and we have that big announcement soon. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tandle said:

it sounds to me like it will be the signing over of the  boundary park complex deeds to the rothwell family.

That would be a step in the right direction.

• Like 2

Just had a call from a mate of mine at the council and it was very interesting. 

Announcement imminent that the council will fund a new hybrid pitch and an agreement is in place for the Roughyeds to play at BP from next season. However, this is where it gets even more interesting, as he stated, 'but the agreement has nothing to do with Hamilton' and further announcements are expected after the BP deal. 

Edited by Roughyed Rats
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Announcement imminent that the council will fund a new hybrid pitch and an agreement is in place for the Roughyeds to play at BP from next season. However, this is where it gets even more interesting, as he stated, 'but the agreement has nothing to do with Hamilton' and further announcements are expected after the BP deal. 

Yes indeed, it will get bigger!

Edited by Dennyroughyed
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Although,having said that, CH is posing for the pictures at the announcement!! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Although,having said that, CH is posing for the pictures at the announcement!! 

If they have security of tenure on a longish lease that makes the club worth something and Mr Hamilton has the possibility to either sell up or get other people on board.

My clear preference would be for the former as he has never demonstrated, for all his bloodymindedness in keeping us going against the odds, the ability to work with others.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1