Big Announcement

Roughyed Rats

The work starts now to get supporters into the ground. can I suggest the club gives 50/100 free tickets to each of our amateur club sides, get free tickets to schools and get a full page advert in local newspapers. They could also ask the Latics to promote the games in their matchday programme.

I'm sure there are lots of things the club can do but it must start NOW!

4 hours ago, roughyed1064 said:

intrested to know where ombc found this million pound.

It's from capital funding, to which all local authorities have access and it is not sourced from Council Tax. It enables the kick start of regeneration projects/investments. The future of Boundary Park is most definitely, just that.

Very exciting for the town!

• Like 5

How long is the tenancy?  How much is the rent? What attendance figures do we need to break even? How much influence do the oldham athletic board have over the rugby club.

Does the football club have a clause to get rid of the rugby club if the rugby club default on rent payments.

A part from no substance it's a good move. 

I got to feel sorry for AVRO 

27 minutes ago, clifford said:

How long is the tenancy?  How much is the rent? What attendance figures do we need to break even? How much influence do the oldham athletic board have over the rugby club.

Does the football club have a clause to get rid of the rugby club if the rugby club default on rent payments.

A part from no substance it's a good move. 

I got to feel sorry for AVRO 

I’m not sure we’ve ever known the financial details of any deal or details of break even attendance figures. It would be good to understand whether this is a long term agreement. However, if a tenant of any kind defaults on payments to their landlord, they are likely to be got rid of. I would assume that any agreement in place with AVRO would have covered this season only due to the possibility of promotion. Clearly they wouldn’t have been planning that as guaranteed revenue for next season. Common sense would suggest that all parties were subject to an NDA which would not have allowed for a conversation with AVRO until after the deal was secured. 

On 16/03/2023 at 23:14, Jamie_ said:

The only time Latics have had a plastic pitch was pre-1991 way before the Yeds moved in, and though the council shafted the club with Watersheddings, it has only ever been OAFC's decision to boot ORLFC from BP. I would imagine part of the agreement between OAFC and the OMB for funding for the new hybrid pitch was on account of a fairly lengthy lease with ORLFC. Rothwell is a good local man keen on having the Yeds there and director Darren Royle (the unit on the right of the picture) has experience with ground sharing as CEO of Wigan Warriors. 

The council paid for a multi use pitch during the Torex ownership years, when it was done Roughyeds were "kicked out" and the only multi use was as a landing pad for Mr Torex's helicopter 🤪

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jroyales said:

The work starts now to get supporters into the ground. can I suggest the club gives 50/100 free tickets to each of our amateur club sides, get free tickets to schools and get a full page advert in local newspapers. They could also ask the Latics to promote the games in their matchday programme.

I'm sure there are lots of things the club can do but it must start NOW!

Remember when they were asking for volunteers to help get Whitebank ready?. People turned up and worked hard with limited materials. Did they get thanked for their efforts from him in charge? The answer was a big fat NO. At the first game at Whitebank, some were still there doing finishing touches and they were made to go out and pay to go through the Turnstiles!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, Curlywurly2 said:

Remember when they were asking for volunteers to help get Whitebank ready?. People turned up and worked hard with limited materials. Did they get thanked for their efforts from him in charge? The answer was a big fat NO. At the first game at Whitebank, some were still there doing finishing touches and they were made to go out and pay to go through the Turnstiles!

I along with my son and many others sponsored a square metre of White bank turf for £10 per square metre. This money was to be ringfenced for ground improvements. Where did this money go? I've still got the certificate somewhere.

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Curlywurly2 said:

The relevance of that being??

55 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

I along with my son and many others sponsored a square metre of White bank turf for £10 per square metre. This money was to be ringfenced for ground improvements. Where did this money go? I've still got the certificate somewhere.

I think the biggest issue is were did all the donated season ticket money go when the 2020 season was cancelled!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmigoTopping said:

I think the biggest issue is were did all the donated season ticket money go when the 2020 season was cancelled!!!

In keeping the club afloat! Unless you're intimating that someone somewhere paid for a yacht in the Caribbean somewhere? Don't start a conspiracy without proof!!!!?

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

In keeping the club afloat! Unless you're intimating that someone somewhere paid for a yacht in the Caribbean somewhere? Don't start a conspiracy without proof!!!!?

It is all there in 2020 accounts. Our most profitable season in years and only £15K left in the bank account. When I look at other clubs accounts they also have made money but their bank accounts are a lot larger than our own.

As usual the grumbled are back how they must hate a little good news, Tandle doesn’t realise all players are amateurs till they turn professional , curly has been moaning for years, and moorside wants to know where the season ticket money went in covid well my two were donated to the club not that it’s any of his business. Back to the rugby good luck to the lads at weekend ,it will be great to have a few days in Llandudno 

• Like 6